1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Olympics 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Feb 15, 2018.

I am surprised that there is no thread on the Olympics yet, so I thought that I would start one. I have really enjoyed watching the snowboarding, the luge, and some of the downhill skiing. I have to admit, however, that watching the long distance speed skating is akin to watching paint dry; kind of feel the same way about cross country skiing.

Despite wanting to, I have not yet seen any curling. I have to admit that I watch curling more in bemusement, than anything else. I have trouble understanding how much the frantic sweeping of the two players following the "rock" actually affects the end result. Has anyone every had experience with this sport and can offer insight?

Feel free to post anything about the 2018 Olympics in this thread.

jrbiz, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A Japanese client came over to look at my wine collection, and I made sure that I had the womens hockey game on between the Korean team and the team from Japan. The game turned out to be so good that we hardly even bothered looking at my wine bottles from around the world.

Japan won their first game in Olympic history while the united Korean team scored their first goal ever during the Olympics. Oddly enough the Korean team have 6 ethnic Korean Canadians and 2 Korean Americans on the team. Yet even with 8 North American players they still managed to lose. When Korea scored that historic goal the noise was so loud from the fans, I was wondering if the roof was going to come down!

Spoiltdiva, Feb 15, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Forget the Olympics, let's talk about adding your wine cellar to the DP World Foodie Tour! (bus is still undergoing renovations, of course.)

Back to the Olympics: I was also quick to mention a star Austrian skiing gold medal winner to a customer in Austria this week. The whole world has a sport in common, right now.

Have not watched any of the hockey games yet. As they get to the gold medal game, I will be more interested. Saw some skeleton racing last night. Not sure which is more dangerous: luge or skeleton.

jrbiz, Feb 16, 2018 IP