1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seo for business providing services in multiple locations

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mel laz, Feb 15, 2018.

Hello
    I want to create a website for an online business that will provide services in multiple locations.

What is the best way to go with this? Is it separate location pages on the same website for the main cities with different keywords for each one? How about smaller areas?

I am also creating a blog with more area specific content as I want to keep the website as simple as possible, purely for purchasing. Should I also add area specific content on the website too?
    Any advice on this would be very much appreciated
    thanks

mel laz, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  2. Brad Batborf

Brad Batborf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit confused by the question, but I will give it a college try on my answer. There are a few ways to accomplish the task.

1. You could set up each location as a subdomain i.e. losangeles.yourcompany.com, then menu link to the subdomains from your main domain. Each subdomain would carry it's own authority.
    2. You can set up area specific pages, but if you are collecting online payment, there may be some confusion from visitors as to what they are paying for, which will decrease your visitor's trust in your website.
    3. You could create a custom service quoting system, with plugins available through some platforms (Wordpress has them), then create a custom quote flowchart, which would have price modifiers by area.

Very important: If you set up each location as a subdomain, you will need to have either a SAN (subject alternative name) SSL, or a Wildcard SSL to cover the subdomains. I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out with more specifics, if you need anything else.

Brad Batborf, Jun 19, 2018 IP