1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One word domain names all taken? and domain squatters question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Prime Time, Feb 4, 2018.

From what I remember, many years ago a lot of people and companies went ahead and claimed the domain names for every word in the dictionary, which is why so many companies use made up words for their site or app, sometimes portmanteaus or false cognants.

Are there still one word domains available and is there an easy way to find them?

I looked up 'retribution.com' and it was taken, but .org was for sale and other extensions like .net or .info may still be unclaimed.

Years ago I ran a message board forum (Invison Power Board) for members of debtors anonymous and other people wanting to remain solvent called 'solvencyforums.org' that didn't last too long. That was my first baby and I learned a lot and was sad to see her go.

After I shut it down, that domain was taken by a domain squatter for awhile, but now it leads to nothing. Could I get that back without having to pay someone?

Prime Time, Feb 4, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  3. Prime Time

Prime Time Peon

Best Answers:
    Groovy. Thanks! It's kind of on the back burner for now, but I may start that one up again eventually. That was back in 2005 I think.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    FWIW if you have any plans to use the forum buy it now.
    The moment people see this thread they'll be all over it.

sarahk, Feb 4, 2018 IP
  5. Prime Time

Prime Time Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! is it that cut throat? Someone else can have it if they want it, it's not really THAT important to me. I won't be the one buying it from them if they try that.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It really is.

There have been situations where people have searched up domain names at a domain registrar, decided to think it over, returned later and found the registrar has bought it.

There's a domain I'd like that has a very marginal value to me, it's a .co.nz, and it's for an industry that runs on the smell of an oily rag. Someone's bought it (and countless others) and put them with a broker. I'd probably pay double reg fee just to get the deal done. The broker won't make a decent commission so the sale doesn't happen. Every year he contacts me, every year I tell him to come back when he's serious.

sarahk, Feb 4, 2018 IP
  7. Prime Time

Prime Time Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that info. I have better domains in mind anyway that I can incorporate a forum for staying solvent anyway.

Prime Time, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  9. uncia

uncia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could use domainsbot.com for finding relevant domain names ideas to you, if your main domain is regged already.

uncia, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  10. Prime Time

Prime Time Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ thanks guys. those links are what I needed.

Prime Time, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  11. Liparti

Liparti Peon

Best Answers:
    also interested in this issue, helped some links, solved the problem) thanks)

Liparti, Feb 14, 2018 IP