1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword conversion, capable?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by timber0nine, Feb 7, 2018.

I need to see the keyword leading to a sale. There are a million things to track and lots of free software like GA to do it. BUT nothing I've used tracks keyword conversion. I heard Kiss Metrics does this but I'm not paying $500 a month.

So how can I do this? Any other software capable?

timber0nine, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  2. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords (paid solution) sents traffic to a website based on keywords you define. When Adwords and Google Analytics are connected, then you can track sales made by these keywords in Google Analytics, when the eCommerce attributes are defined.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  3. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    Well I've had 3 guys try that. NO ONE has done it right. Do YOU want to do it? Just name your price. I hope we are not violating some DigitalPoint rules, here.

timber0nine, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  4. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

Best Answers:
    I am not into that yet.
    Ask the person who installed your platform to also install the Google Analytics with the eCommerce functionality enabled. If he cannot, find another one. Alternatively, find the module/plugin that support google analytics code installation that will include the eCommerce functionality. (or read the platform's forum on how to enable this functionality). I also had problems with Prestashop platform enabling this functionality and finally solved it be reading its forum.
    You have to somehow enable Google Analytics & also Adwords tracking code (preferably with a module/plugin).
    To verify if Google Analytics & Adwords are working ok, use the Chrome extension Tag Manager and visit your product page.
    When that is done, make an order in your website and check after a few hours if Google is recording the sale.
    When the sale is recorded then, go in Adwords or in Google Analytics settings and connect them together? In Analytics I believe you have to go to Admin>AdWords linking. When they are interconnected, then sales in your website will be tracked in Google Analytics>Campaigns

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  5. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean "Google Adwords Paid solution" ? You have to pay for clicks. I dont know what else to pay for...??

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    timber0nine, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  6. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

Best Answers:
    AdWords is a paid marketing solution. You pay only for each click based on the keywords you use. What you pay is defined by the keywords value (CPC) that you set. You can pay 0.01 per keyword or 5$ per keyword.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 9, 2018 IP
  7. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    I've been doing ppc and seo for 15 years. Same website. Thanx for your time I'll figure this out with my developer.

timber0nine, Feb 9, 2018 IP
  8. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No need for third party solutions. Adwords has a conversion tracker and that is best and most accurate. You simply get the code from your account and put it on your conversion confirmation page. You can even track revenues generated if you sell many different products at different prices.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  9. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    What are examples of a conversion confirmation page? (I already put Adwords code on Thankyou page)

timber0nine, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  10. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    Your thank you page is a conversion confirmation page. If you have put the tracking code there, you should see conversions at the ad and keyword levels.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  11. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that code was put there 1 year ago and no keywords are shown for any sale. So frankly, I don't know whats going on. I'm conversing with my developer hoping he can figure it out. But I'd happier using someone from this forum to fix it.

timber0nine, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  12. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    The code has to be placed CORRECTLY so maybe that's your problem. Goes without saying too it should be on the proper page and you shouldn't make any changes to what was given to you, except for the changes needed to track revenues. Google says it should be put within the <body> tags.

I've seen some have multiple thank you pages for some reason. Unless there's a really good reason, you should have only one. If you do have multiple pages, your code should be on all of them. Also, I've seen some create multiple codes. You only need one.

Are conversions showing for ads? From what you are saying, they are not. If they are showing for ads, they'll be showing for keywords.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  13. timber0nine

timber0nine Member

Best Answers:
    Just had one sale and see no conversions. Where do you look in Adwords?

timber0nine, Feb 25, 2018 IP
  14. gkyazna

gkyazna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you shoule also keep in mind that there is no one single word leading to a sale; most of the time there are more keywords; along with proper conversion tracking you should also take into account using a data driven attribution model to have relevant stats for the converting keywords

gkyazna, Mar 5, 2018 IP