1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet addiction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KRS Sastry, Jan 1, 2018.

Next to air, I breathe and live internet. If there is no internet, I feel I am lost and do not have much work to do except playing with .my son or helping him in his studies. Am I an Internet addict. Do many of you who work or spend time online feel the same?

KRS Sastry, Jan 1, 2018 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also an Internet-savvy person and spent most of my time on the internet.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 1, 2018 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry its not just you. I mean after all its a Digital Age.

mrb1129, Jan 1, 2018 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are concerned enough to raise the question, then you may very well be "addicted" to the Internet. Does it detract from your or your family's quality of life? Does it cause you problems with work or any other important activities? Like any other addiction, if it interferes with your life, then it is not a good thing and you may want to get some help to cut back a bit.

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  6. DanielHost

DanielHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The issue is that everything is on the internet nowadays. You simply cannot exist without it.
    It's like if you would need to take a sip of heroin or alcohol at every job interview.
    It would be kind of funny if it turned out that those with internet addiction do better financially! :)

DanielHost, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  7. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say many users online are sincere and want to help others. Unfortunately, there's also countless assholes on forums, and social media.

Johnny Mnemonic, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  8. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Internet is new feul, we cannot run without it. Now at digita point many of us depend on internet to earn money.

robert4u, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  9. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, at least scams are fairly easy to spot.

Johnny Mnemonic, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  10. Slurpie

Slurpie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The internet can be a great escape for a lot of folks, but it's important to keep things in perspective and take all things in moderation. Real life can be hectic, so it's understandable. The rule of thumb I go with is that when something starts to affect other aspects of your life, that's when it becomes a problem. Try to step back and assess for yourself if it's hitting that point, but to me it just sounds like an extra hobby or two would help you out, since you're filling your free time with going online. Perhaps look into some crafts or other fun activities to change it up. Hope that helps. :)

Slurpie, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  11. Mejer

Mejer Member

Best Answers:
    There is no psychic addiction, it is only an illusion. You can easily stop using the Internet if you want to do that. Of course, this only includes those who are using it for fun. However, if you work online, then, your existence depends on it.

Mejer, Jan 24, 2018 IP
  12. Jose Melvin

Jose Melvin Peon

Best Answers:
    I think in today's world internet addiction is the common problem in all.

Jose Melvin, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  13. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    Internet addiction is a real thing. The sweet, sweet nectar of likes! Validation through notifications.

Outside of social media, I think Internet addiction is partially because of the instant reward aspect of most things internet-related. Want to see something? Search for it and find it right away with little/no effort! How many other places in life do you get a reward for such little effort and how many other places does the award arrive instantly?

mikebvm, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You've probably heard about South Korea's internet gaming curfew. It's no joke.

qwikad.com, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here's something to ponder: Is it addiction or part of human evolution in which we become more and more integrated with electronics and artificial intelligence? Already, younger generations prefer to communicate via texting over natural voice. They can be sitting side-by-side on a couch and not speaking while they furiously text each other. Is "Internet Addiction" really just humanity moving up the evolutionary ladder?

jrbiz, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  16. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I spend most of the time on internet than watching TV.My day starts with logging in to my pc with a cup of tea.Through internet we can have fun,get much info than any other means,we can make money,watch tv,movies etc.Internet have changed the world .

laxmi, Feb 19, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I start my day with a cup of tea and my PC. But I also have the TV on for news. :)

jrbiz, Feb 19, 2018 IP
  18. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Watching TV entertains a lot but it doesn't provide as much as info we get through internet.I watch news only one time and watch movies a lot.

laxmi, Feb 19, 2018 IP
  19. dlassociates

dlassociates Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, a lot of us depend on the internet. Is it to say that you don't enjoy your time outside? With friends? With family? Or, are you only specifically happy when you're using the internet? Depending on your answer, those could mean different things regarding if you're addicted to the internet or not.

dlassociates, Mar 6, 2018 IP
  20. Dave_Wils

Dave_Wils Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Once I tried to undergo a 'digital detox session': that was exactly the moment when I realized how hopeless I am in this respect... I try to use books and foreign languages as a remedy. But still, I look at my smartphone every 15-30 minuntes...

Dave_Wils, Mar 23, 2018 IP