1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vultr on Cloudways or ServerPilot

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by crazyshock, Nov 13, 2015.

Hi, I was going to buy Vultr but I stumbled upon ServerPilot and Cloudways who are offering Vultr servers too.

So my first question is, what is the difference between buying Vultr or going with ServerPilot or Cloudways and getting Vultr through them?

Can anyone provide feedback on which service to go with?

Note: Vultr is available on free trial on Cloudways Platform too.

crazyshock, Nov 13, 2015 IP
  2. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they're resellers or agencies, but if you've already bought directly from Vultr, that's ok, don't worry.

daica85, Nov 14, 2015 IP
  3. q7m

q7m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cloudways is not a hosting provider, but a PaSS provider (platform as a service). They offer you a cloud server (from Vultr, Digitalocean, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services) PLUS full server management, software install, software updates etc. For example, if you wish to build a Magento website, they take care of Magento install and updates for you.

q7m, Dec 3, 2015 IP
  4. obosor

obosor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use serverpilot.io free plan. serverpilot is hosting control panel not hosting provider.

obosor, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  5. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    So Cloudways is the only choice for someone who is not able to manage his own server ? All clouds are self managed it seems. I only found that we can pay more at Linode to get it managed by them, but I didn't find this option on other companies websites.
    Anybody here is hosting Woocommerce stores on Cloudways ? They should be faster ?
    Thank you.

buythiscomputer, Jan 19, 2018 IP
  6. Hostforweb Inc

Hostforweb Inc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better to deal with main company. But sometimes resellers can offer other payment methods then mother company and that is something what makes their offer interesting.

Hostforweb Inc, Jan 19, 2018 IP
  7. Techytom

Techytom Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, directly purchase from Vultr. ServerPilot and Cloudways are resellers. If you are looking for a control panel for your server, ServerPilot and VPSrobots are the good options for you.

Techytom, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  8. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:

hello,

But if buying directly from Vultr, can they manage the serve for me ?

Thanks.

buythiscomputer, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  9. Techytom

Techytom Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, you have to manage your server by yourself. You can manage it by using a control panel, there are many free and paid control panels available on the market, such as cPanel, Plesk, ServerPilot, VPSrobots, Vesta CP, CWP, and more. Or you can go with a managed hosting including Cloudways.

Techytom, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  10. Angela Anderson

Angela Anderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello! I just wanted to give you another option, please, if you don't mind. We are working on a similar product, with a different take, it's called ZoomAdmin (zoomadmin.com) We're still in development, planning to launch in QA1 of 2019. We have screenshots and some youtube demo videos if you're interested. We're looking for a few beta users, please ping me if you might be interested. Thanks, Angela A. ZoomAdmin team

Angela Anderson, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  11. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Digital ocean and most cheap dedicated hosting company do not offer managed service, so Cloudways is the only choice for many.

As much as I understood ServerPilot and Runcloud do now own the server, you need to pay it first and connect it to their platform.

Cloudways is the only one that does everything for you, but I read so many bad reviews about them, so I don't know what to do now ?

buythiscomputer, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  12. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    None of them offer complete managed dedicated. Only Cloudways does it it seem. But I hardly find good reviews about Cloudways ?! why ?

buythiscomputer, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  13. ecommerce trends@123

ecommerce trends@123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloudways is a software company that specializes in cloud computing. While other companies may specialize in one cloud technology (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Cloudways focuses on the entire stack, including infrastructure as a service.

ecommerce trends@123, Oct 21, 2022 IP
  14. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting solution, and on the other hand, Vultr is providing unmanaged services.
    Managed hosting: It is a type of hosting where the provider handles everything regarding server issues, updating the platform, providing support related to your website issues, etc..
    Unmanaged hosting: In this type, you've to handle everything. If you're techy or have limited knowledge about managing the servers, then this is not for you.
    Also, if you haven't joined Cloudways yet, then use this promo TST20 to get 30% off for 3 months and a free trial.

SoftDev, Dec 10, 2022 IP