1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The end of POPUNDER Industry [AKA Time to find a real job]

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by BetaX, Nov 9, 2017.

1. lightmedia

lightmedia Member

Best Answers:
    In other ideas, I think that if we only work with banners, advertisers will be forced to increase CPM and CPC close to pop-under.

lightmedia, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  2. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mozilla is own by Google and Chrome to. :) So yes I'm expecting the ad-block will be updated on Mozilla to on 15 Februarie.

ZoC, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  3. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    StudAds, Want-Ads are the only decent banner networks I came across so far.

NewXclu, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  4. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The stats from a study in 2016 of sites integrating content into javascript and requiring ads be loaded and displayed. (Websites Anti-Adblocking)

The results and stats what have increased since 2016 :
    5.2% of Alexa Top 100,000 sites are using anti-adblock scripts.
    6.7% of the Alexa Top 5,000 websites are using anti-adblocking scripts. Source : https://arxiv.org/abs/1605.05077
    16.3% of the Top 1,000 most popular free live streaming sites are using anti-adblocking scripts. Source : https://www.securitee.org/files/flis_ndss16.pdf

And this study was from 2016, Since then the number of us integrating content into ads being displayed and loaded has increased.

The number of browsers and adblock users has increased dramatically over this time period too.

Adblock Plus Stats for Firefox :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/statistics/?last=30

Ublock Stats for Firefox :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/ublock-origin/statistics/?last=30

Those are the stats for just two types of adblockers on the Firefox web browser alone. There are hundreds of types of adblockers and hundreds of different browsers out there.

Anyone who is not integrating their sites content into javascript to not display contents when ads are blocked should be doing so. Start Fighting back against this nobody is running any of their websites for free users want your content they need to accept it is your site and they should be viewing and using it as you intend for them to.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 12, 2018 IP
  5. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The end is not here yet. There are lots of good news(for us) in regards to upcoming google changes. Google is not the company it was few years ago, the way they implement and manage whole reviewing/blocking process looks like made by students. I will be providing more details in coming days, but in general you can relax about it, at least for now :)

tomksoft, Jan 12, 2018 IP
    crystygye likes this.
  6. coginahu

coginahu Peon

Best Answers:
    so finally what what happened ? :D:D:D:D

coginahu, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  7. ittovn

ittovn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found this script https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9847580/how-to-detect-safari-chrome-ie-firefox-and-opera-browser. What will happen if I show pop up ads only on other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Opera etc.) excerp Chrome? Will Google still punish my website ranking if I do that on Feb 15th?

ittovn, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  8. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    bale, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  9. karma2burn

karma2burn Member

Best Answers:
    even if i restrict access of google bots with registration or whatever will the Chrome browser itself detect and report use of popus to google?

karma2burn, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  10. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    After trying to find out some ways how Google will detect the popups codes is via google bot crawler. You can detect them via PHP User Agent Google Crowler. But possible they will still use special bots how they do most of the time what they don't use anything related to Google so this way webmasters they don't know that IP/Visitor is from Google.
    I know a lot of websites who use hidden scripts on their websites, Some of them was blocking so Google Bots can't see them or some scripts were working JUST if the visitor has referral example google.com search or another search bing.com / yahoo.com etc ...

ZoC, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  11. Phiman

Phiman Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly and that's what going to happend! They will punish or even worse remove every website using pop ads from their search engine.

Phiman, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  12. Phiman

Phiman Peon

Best Answers:
    That would make your site suspicious by blocking google bots and trust me google will find it out and punish your website

Phiman, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  13. karma2burn

karma2burn Member

Best Answers:
    i mean not the whole website , but some parts

karma2burn, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  14. Phiman

Phiman Peon

Best Answers:
    the thing is nobody really knows what tool google is going to use to detect website using pop ads so i would be careful because once you get caught and land on google blacklist, it will take you years for you to get out of it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Phiman, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  15. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that you do not know, does not mean nobody knows. But yeah, I will agree that if you rely on search engine traffic then you have to play by their rules(choice of having traffic and not being able to monetize it or not having traffic to monetize).

tomksoft, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  16. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    Look, if you're entire business model is predicated on providing a dogshit user experience through lots of pops / interstitials, etc... then it's going to kick you in the ass and it should. Those types of experiences are the reason AdBlock even exists.

Goodbye and good riddance.

VacationCrasher, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  17. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thus the reason sites are integrating their content into JavaScript and ads being loading / in view and not hidden. No ads displayed = no content for you. No matter what browser or kind of adblocker you are using, Your all in the same boat.

It will take a sharp turn into majority of sites doing this because advertisers pay to be viewed publishers should not be allowing adblockers to view sites. If you can't code or problem solve you don't deserve to be running a site, It is what separates the good sites from the bad, Those not running anti-adblock will shut down those who do will stay afloat due to the fact they are making money and their bandwidth and resources are not being wasted on users who block their ads. I bet for majority more than half their server expenses and bandwidth is on adblock users who run up bills and don't make a single cent.

That is not just for sites using popups but banners and every type/format of ads, Every site among the adblock users and community there is no such thing or standard as whitelisted or acceptable ads they hate all ads and block them all with no acceptions if you think any adblock users are going to have a type of ad they WANT to see you are living in a fairy tail. You have to force it by locking up content and making it a opt-in to see / gain access to what they WANT from your site in the first place it is the only solution.

Look at cryptocurrency miners thinking OPT-in to mine instead of seeing advertisements is a good idea they found out the adblockers just blocked their domains too. There is no such thing as acceptable ads with adblock users and never ever will be it defeats the purpose of adblocking to allow any ad formats or a single type of ad to be displayed.

Best business decision I ever made was to not allow access to view content to those who do not load advertisements too. The internet is serious business at the end of the day we are all in this for making money if your allowing such things to jeopardize your business it will be the reason you go out of business compared to your competition who don't.

PSOCK, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  18. xuyzk

xuyzk Member

Best Answers:
    for people saying pops bla bla bla , i have a bunch of tube sites , how you expect me to monetize them , via selling drugs ? pops are working nice for some publishers and some advertisers , it is a whole market that worth millions of dollars , if you are not using them and you have another monetization tools for your websites it is your choice and it is nice for you , congratulations ... but it does not mean that we all have to follow you
    you are doing exactly like the elders that we all blame for not understanding an entire generation , i did and did and did why you did not do like me ...
    google is in the top now , it talks and talks and talks but give me what google is doing as a new technology compared to other tech companies that we never hear about , it is just inflated in media and it will die someday like any other tech company .

xuyzk, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  19. xuyzk

xuyzk Member

Best Answers:
    it is my choice to add 2 pops per visitor , if the visitor did not like my website he can go visit other websites i am not forcing them to stay
    if google chrome did not like my website i will ban its users if there is no bypass for that
    if revenues dropped i will use some sticky banners or interstitials or anything
    my traffic is not only based on google search engine , i have some loyal visitors that like the content i am providing for them and it is what i advice other webmasters to do , try to give your visitors a good unique content , be special a little bit , visitors dont care a lot about popups , i am not youtube , if they dont like my content they can spend a second to close my website and go to other website
    google is protecting its income , he does not care a lot about visitors , no one care about others , this is business ; its business model is trying to look nice and brainwash an entire generation by creating two silly robots to make people think it is a the top giant tech company and recruiting some kids while in fact it is not compared to some people who are doing extra things but they just dont get all that attention and care from media
    and like google is protecting its income , i am protecting my income too and pops companies must protect them companies too
    those liberals talk about freedom all the time , but they did not understand what is freedom , freedom is that we all have right to make choices in life , i chosed pops to monetize my websites this is what i call freedom , the visitor choose to stay or go ; the visitor is free too
    google is trying to play the role of internet jesus and savior

xuyzk, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  20. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is not the only browser with a adblocker you know.

Firefox allows users to install adblock extensions.
    UC Browser blocks ads by default and allows users to install adblock extensions.
    Brave blocks ads by default and allows users to install adblock extensions.
    Opera blocks ads by default and allows users to install adblock extensions.

They all do it you should not be praying or hoping for bypasses that will only work on one browser or one method.
    You should be locking your content up in Javascript and performing checks that ads are loaded and visible before supplying content to users. Killing of every single method and browsers type of adblocker they are all using. (Solves the problem on all fronts for your sites)

Besides Google is the only browser trying to enforce this "Better ads standards" policy no other browser is doing this so popups will work on all others still. If chrome wont run your popup scripts or load them don't display them content from your site just like the rest of us do. No ads displayed = no content for you :) It is how we all for all our sites treat users running any browser with any adblockers not loading or displaying ads we don't show any of them the content they try so hard to see. (Your users that are not blocking ads are the only ones making you money so ditch the ones and stop giving free help and handouts to those who are blocking your ads)

PSOCK, Jan 15, 2018 IP