1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The end of POPUNDER Industry [AKA Time to find a real job]

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by BetaX, Nov 9, 2017.

1. popunder

popunder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my understanding it is 64 and 65 this changes come with.

popunder, Dec 8, 2017 IP
  2. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google is taking over all the internet related stuff because FB stole the most part of the advertising, I mean adwords is not what it used to be because FB is killing it, people would rather pay for facebook ads because convertion there is a lot bigger. So what Google is trying to do is narrowing the opportunity for the other advertising companies different than adwords and this way Google will take all the browser advertising.

Now adsense is a really great opportunity for all of us as webmasters and is still unachievable but I don't think limiting all the other networks is the right way. It is so selfish what they are doing. But when the money talks everything else is in silence mode :)

dimitarang, Dec 8, 2017 IP
  3. methad0ne

methad0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rumors are they are going to revise Better ads standard by the 24th and present new ones to the public right after. Information are from the second hand (employee from Google).

methad0ne, Dec 9, 2017 IP
  4. tobysurf

tobysurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate?

tobysurf, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  5. popunder

popunder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How is it going? Any news so far?

In my opinion it might be the best to switch to layer ads which are displayed above the publisher websites with a large iframe in which the ads are loaded. You could basically just continue like before since the serving process is the same. The only thing that might change are the CPM rates I guess.

popunder, Dec 16, 2017 IP
  6. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you get it? They will block everything but google ads!

bale, Dec 17, 2017 IP
  7. popunder

popunder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is bullshit..

popunder, Dec 18, 2017 IP
    VacationCrasher likes this.
  8. men 21

men 21 Member

Best Answers:
    "In terms of regions, the Ad Experience Report only covers sites that are part of the Initial Better Ads Standards which are currently North America and Europe"

Attached Files:

men 21, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  9. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just create and build up your Anti-Adblock solutions.

If users don't load ads, Don't display content to them intergrate content with ads being loaded via the use of HTML5/Javascript onerror and onload functionality.

It is not hard to put content into Obfuscated Javascript to only display when ads are loaded.

The more dynamic your integrations become the more difficult and unreliable adblockers are.

Look at the browser market share : http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share

UC Browser = Blocks ads by default
    Opera = Blocks ads by default
    Google Chrome = will Block ads by default

Every other browser in that listing allows for adblock extensions to be installed to block ads as third party plugins etc.

Then you have other forms of adblockers that can be seen here :

When Chromes adblock goes live that will be the largest market share of the browser industry blocking ads majority of sites more than half their traffic will be adblock users. The only solution is to create adblockers and block those who don't display or view ads.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  10. JustSomeStranger

JustSomeStranger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This does NOT help to the actual problem what is going to happen.

They will be blocking even open new window via javascript from those sites which do not comply, plus they will find ways to go around those who will try to trick the system (plus more than likely drop your google traffic to zero). I'd strongly advice against trying to game the system, but that's everyone's own decision of course.

JustSomeStranger, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  11. popunder

popunder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You just want to happily accept to get 70% less ad revenue from the same amount of traffic just because a company in the US feels like this would be better?

popunder, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  12. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    I'm using adblock solutions myself. But that is not the question at all here. This is about google making decision to block all ads on certain sites which break their corrupted "better ads" rules. If they block a site, it will affect your google rankings, they will disable certain functions on your site via javascript which makes it extremely difficult to go around them and in the long turn, for example no adblock solution would work in that case and if you find a way to bypass some of their blocks, they are surely going to react when they see people bypassing them. So, use adblock for banners etc, no problem. but I'd advice going against those shitty better ads rules, popunders etc what they have listed. Like said though, you can try to fight against them on your site but I'm pretty sure that does not end too well.

13. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It does help as i explained bellow but more fool those who are easily defeated and do nothing you will be the first to go out of business. Integrate your content into dynamic ever changing and obfuscated JavaScript and perform checks if ads are loaded and can run and function if they can then display content to the users it is fair, No advetisements displayed = return status 204 No content for you. ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/204 ) Everyone is so scared over something so easily overcome if you just took advantage of HTML5 and Javascripts onerror and onload functions. You can work miracles with it.

Let them disable Javascript it would be the same as adblockers that do this and noscript extensions, That is why you put your content and urls inside Javascript that way it will only load and be visible when Javascript is running and enabled. (Be smarter and not give up or be so easily defeated.) I also do not know anyone in their right mind who relies or runs of advertising who allows users to access their sites with Javascript disabled anyway that is ludicrous since all ads use Javascript. So yeah easy fix don't let them access your site with Javascript disabled.

Google, facebook all constantly changing their own divs and ad urls and being dynamic with javascript you will not be punished for doing it yourself.

Nothing bad will ever come of dynamic obfuscated Javascript that adblockers can't read or deal with.

If people want to do nothing by all means do nothing and shut down your sites are not worth using and shows that you can't problem solve or stay afloat. But don't think the Google Chrome adblock situation is any different to any other kind of browser or adblocker they are all the same if any browser or adblocker is blocking any ad scripts or domains from loading don't display content to them it is very simple. Don't think in your head it is punishable by search engine de-listing because it is not. (There are no rules or policies against this)

Advertisements are becoming a OPT in to view and see just like you see them trying with cryptocurrency miners. That is all that is happening here it is giving the option and power of viewing ads to users browsers and the deal is simple you want to see websites content your going to have to opt in to see advertisements too this is the deal with modern browsers.

The more sites that shut down leaving only sites running anti-adblockers is better for this situation, In general adblock lists and rules developers and scripters they can't take us all on and can't find ways to block everyone's sites, The more dynamic impossible and difficult it becomes that breaks their adblockers functionality the more unreliable adblockers become in general and thus more reliable traffic and revenue is. (NON-Adblock traffic is traffic that pays your bills never forget that)

The only rules borders and boundaries of being scared is in your head your thinking up reasons that don't exist and are not there.

My personal advice about switching from non-adblocking to building up my own anti-adblock systems and solutions was the best business decision I ever made.

It increased revenue it decreased my outgoing server expenses too since all adblock traffic is useless, I also no longer required all the extra bandwidth and unnecessary servers to load balance to deal with them. (Less servers and bandwidth consumption = more money in my pocket with no loss to incoming revenue or traffic) My advice is for every web publisher and site owner to adopt this strategy you will not regret it. (It is especially good for sites with videos images etc you will save the most by integrating that content to only load when adverts also load it will decrease your bandwidth consumption dramatically.)

The only beneficial thing adblock users bring to the table is posting and uploading content everything else is a waste of your money and resources on users who never bring any revenue to you.

Look back upon my previous post :
    Chrome is not the only browser in existence plenty of others run adblockers and adblock by default and we treat them all the same with no ads displayed no content for you.

Chrome users can still disable and turn of the adblocker like every other browser can it is the OPT-in scenario you want to see content you have to see our ads.

Chrome will probably loose its market share if its adblocker is causing users of Chrome to much grief with websites they visit due to the fact they can't see content because of our anti-adblock methods they will start switching to and using browsers where sites are working and functioning as they was built and intended to not how their adblockers try to make them function. (Your adblocker tries to make sites run and function without ads intentionally breaking the website) The other browsers have small market share due to incompatibility issues distorted site displays and such problems is why users stop using web browsers that no longer work. Chrome could be about to loose its squeeze on the browser market with this move with the more of us building sites with anti-adblockers.

The money of advertisers pay you to have their ads seen and displayed why on earth would you allow users to block them.... (As a advertiser it makes me furious to invest money into publishers who would allow this and i would cut my ties with them.)

This is no longer a problem for you to ask popads.net or such companies for anti-adblock that is not anti-adblock that is a adblock BYPASSER, anti-adblock is for you to build into your own site. All advertisers like popads can do is attempt to bypass the adblock lists with buying up bulk of unblocked / listed domain names. The real true fix and solution to the problem is for website publishers to build and integrate into their site REAL anti-adblockers that lock their content into advertisements being displayed. Plenty of us do it already plenty more have plans to or are already doing it, It is going to change the market.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  14. lightmedia

lightmedia Member

Best Answers:
    You are right "PSOCK" and i have same opinion. The single that loss will be google. I m sure that with this process Mozilla make a new faster browser and many webmasters block chrome visitors on theyers websites. If you want content you swich to Mozilla and see your prefered website. In my opinion i m sure that Chrome los all battle with and Mozilla is redy to become no 1.

Best regards and hope to down the google chrome.

lightmedia, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  15. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is still down to publishers to intergreate content into advertisements being loaded that is the true anti-adblock soloution.

What companies like exoclick and popads push out as "Anti-Adblock" is terribly named it should be called "Adblock-Bypaser" a true anti-adblocker blocks adblock users as the title suggests what they do is try to bypass them what does not work.

Website owners, admins, developers, server admins, moderators etc need to integrate their content into ads being loaded to understand see the benefits and no longer loose revenue or waste un-needed server bandwidth on those who block your sources of revenue.

For me running my own anti-adblock I developed and built and integrated content with i hope all my competitors sites don't do what i do so they all shut down that is good business for me :) all their traffic will come my way and have to turn of their adblockers and load ads.

Only the strongest will survive. The strongest are those who look at problems outsmart them are resourceful and excel at problem solving to keep afloat. Nothing is impossible. It may be difficult but it is always worth the rewards.

PSOCK, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  16. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    I'm not giving up, far from it ;). I have evolved and made changes which are working great for me while managing to agree to these new standards. I just got rid of those ads which would cause me to say bye bye for google traffic, something I am not willing to do and replaced them with other solutions. So far so good. Going around adblocks is a good idea and more or less necessary. My point was that I do not see it as a solution for these idiotic "better ads standards".

17. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just remember users of your website need and want your content. They should not expect to come and steal and leech your servers resources for free without bringing something back to the table such as revenue from viewing ads.

Any that visit you running adblockers are users who contribute nothing to you but want to steal for free and will be the end of your business. (Unless ofcourse adblock users are posting or uploading content as I mentioned in a previous post but that is literally their only contribution or benefit to any site beyond that they are money down the drain.)

Understand the only browser in the world and on the market trying to enforce those better ads standards is Google Chrome, Every other browser listed here.
    Will not be enforcing the better ads standards Google is alone in that and it will back fire terribly especially when we all integrate content into ads being loaded nobody seems to realise the power of us all doing this and how they can't stop us. Any methods of trying to stop people running anti-adblock on their websites is never going to work because you are asking sites to run for free Nobody will ever do that.

Plenty of other browsers out there other search engines too, This dictatorship move forcing us all to run out sites for free is never going to happen.

PSOCK, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  18. lightmedia

lightmedia Member

Best Answers:
    there will always be an escape route. I'm sure there we make an solution to that.

lightmedia, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  19. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content Lockers and Native Ads will be the best solution until the pop networks come up with some unique ideas.

NewXclu, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  20. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It won't be a issue plenty of other browsers in the market as I said.

Just because they have the largest market share does not mean users will not uninstall them or switch to other browsers. Look at UC Browser blocking ads by default and pinging up and down on the market share versus chrome due to changes they make.
    http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/all/india

I strongly believe Anti-Adblocks on integrating content into Javascript to only load when ads also load will be what hits the nail on the head and shows what a mistake all these browsers are making by intentionally breaking websites by not running advertisements removing their display elements etc (Nobody should be Intentionally trying to make sites display as they are NOT intended to be viewed).

I don't know what adformats to recommend people jumping onto necessarily, I would say try some 300x250 banners since they are suitable for both mobile users and desktop browsers.

Feel free to correct me and share the other banner or specific ad format types you find are paying as good as or better than popups, Intersital ads etc. Helps inform other publishers as to the specific ad types the market shift will swing onto. I think in banner ads 300x250 possibly for the mobile compatibility and fit of them will be a good focus. Could be wrong though maybe there is better fitting ad formats that earn better with higher CPM's. That is what i look forward to is this shift to see the new best paying ad format.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 10, 2018 IP