1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Customer retention or usability?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by HostService, Jan 9, 2018.

Hello everyone,

All the time working with websites I was wondering:
    What is more preferable, customer retention or usability?

There is a hack, that some sellers, in order to keep customer on the website as long as possible and make him go through more pages - building a very inconvenient sitemap: hiding price for products and services or even removing them at all (to make client calling or writing in live chat), placing an important info such as characteristics or tariffs in the footer of website, etc.

Being a client I really hate this, when I cannot find my member’s panel, quickly check the price, see characteristics of product/service. As far as I am working in this area, I should be more experienced in how to find a specific info, but I am still convinced to uselessly walk through tons of pages.

Being a seller I am still sure that unsatisfied customer will be less motivated to buy my product after such complicated way to find info. On the other hand, some people believe that customer will regret spending too much time looking for info and will buy product just to compensate his time costs.

What do you think?

HostService, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It depends on a number of things
    • how hard is it to get out of a bad decision?
    • how much difference is there between providers
    • how likely are they to buy once they start looking online
    luxury cars - lots of people look, few buy
    web hosting - many providers, few differences but once you commit you're likely to stay put because changing is a drama
    power suppliers - few providers but easy to change

It's all stuff you consider in your business plan and build into your marketing strategy. The website just implements it.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2018 IP
    HostService likes this.
  3. HostService

HostService Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I got the idea and your answer looks like the most reasonable between others I have gotten before.
    I was asking in general, just to understand if this option is already possible.
    Other people just told me: "No, this is so bad, nobody will buy your product if you are trying to hide the info from customer and make him read"

Thank you.

HostService, Jan 10, 2018 IP