1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by jrbiz, Jun 19, 2017.

1. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 and a half hours of CGI? No thanks.

scurvy, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    they would only write Jonny Depp out if he wants out, and it would not be uncommon for actors to make a
    few million dollars then retire, if this is the case, I dunno, but this is certainly a money maker for him right now....
    if he should be replaced, then it better be someone far damn funnier then Johnny depp, however, it is not
    realistic for him to be Jack Sparrow forever, after all, he is getting older, and less funny; how many old
    people do you really know that are still funny? Even an aged singer can produce less quality music....
    It would be different if Jonny depp was 10 years younger, but he is not that youngster anymore....

not only that, the pirate plots are running somewhat similar to the previous movies...
    It is always about the black pearl, finding a chest, or fighting the same villains over and over....

maybe capt jack should pilot star trek discovery...
    (and from what I read, STD sucks....)

dscurlock, Oct 14, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. salmanka

salmanka Banned

Best Answers:
    I always love watching adventure-fantasy movies

salmanka, Nov 27, 2017 IP
  4. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this really only the fifth entry in the Pirates film franchise? It feels like the 50th. Except for Javier Bardem, who brings a dollop of fresh mischief to this paycheck party, Dead Men has all the flavor of rotting leftovers.

VPSnet, Jan 2, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It was a paycheck party and if I recall some recent celebrity news correctly, Johnny Depp is going to be needing another one soon!

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  6. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah man i think i heard same news, that Depp is spending like 2mill monthly, looks like that's the price you pay when you're such a big celebrity, i guess..

VPSnet, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  7. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The only actor that can replace Johnny Depp which I can have ever think of was Heath Ledger the joker of Batman Trilogy. But sadly he is dead.

mrb1129, Jan 2, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings Mrb,
    Well sadly you're right about Heath Leadger, but after seing Bill Skarsgard in movie "IT", in my opinion he could do that kind of rolle too :)

VPSnet, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  9. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    'IT' is a horror movie isn't it? Well I din't watched it.

mrb1129, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't he in some sort of legal trouble with divorces or lawsuits or something like that? Supposedly, he is running out of money and will need to earn more fast.

Regarding replacing him in Pirates: I think that he absolutely nailed it as Captain Jack Sparrow. Best pirate I have ever seen and cannot see him anywhere else without thinking of him in that role. The combination of humor and sleaziness and overall pirate "attitude" is the best I have ever seen on film. My complaint with the last film was that there was not enough of him in it.

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  11. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, on paper "IT" is horror movie, but for me it was more like adventure. Screenplay, direction, and great performance from the Skarsgard, help this movie float.
    Horror films need to be more than jump scares to be good, and this one is accompanied by a good moral of growth, has a good amount of humor to make for a really entertaining movie.
    My advise for You is watch IT someday, just dont expect something very horrifying.

Cheers

VPSnet, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  12. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like You're right, found this article about his financial problems: https://www.cinemablend.com/pop/1652150/johnny-depp-is-dealing-with-more-legal-trouble

And about him nailing Sparrow's role, couldn't agree with you more, problably i would stop watching this series if there would be no more Captain Jack.
    By the way, one of my favorite movies and characters is Depp's role as Whitey Bulger in Black Mass (2015)

VPSnet, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have not seen Black Mass which is funny since I live about 40 miles from Boston. Will have to check it out!

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  14. VPSnet

VPSnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Damm man, i know we all have different taste in movies, but i really hope You gonna enjoy it like it did!

VPSnet, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  15. Slurpie

Slurpie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did not get to watch this one yet, but it sounds like it was an improvement from the last. Might have to add this to the list of movies I would like to catch up on.

Slurpie, Jan 3, 2018 IP