1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress or Others CMS ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by JongWH, Nov 14, 2017.

I own a cctld PropertyAgent.XX
    140,000 property listing in my db (few month collection) and few thousand new listing perday.
    Currently i have 6000 property agent using my service.

So i plan to create a personal website for each agent, but not sure which CMS suit me ?

Currently i have 3 thing in mind.
    1. Wordpress - i much familiar with it and tons of resources.
    2. Drupal - which i believe is strong and solid CMS.
    3. Custom build.

for given situation, which cms will you choose ?
    (no worry on hardware but i does worry WP limit)
    thank

JongWH, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  2. lGooglell

lGooglell Member

Best Answers:
    You should go with Drupal.

lGooglell, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  3. JongWH

JongWH Member

Best Answers:
    but drupal sub domain setup is very confusing and it does required a lot technical knowledge + hard to get drupal coder around.
    Wordpress (wordpress multi site WPMS), is very simple to set up + tons of resources.

millions thanks

JongWH, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  4. BadSyntax

BadSyntax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because that gives a ton of explanation why OP should use Drupal over the alternatives. /sarcasm

I would definitely not recommend Wordpress for such an endeavor, and I'm a wordpress fanboy. While wordpress is extremely easy it does sit heavy on the resource load side of things. Having 6000 instances of wordpress would be... daunting...

If these websites for your agents are self hosted and minimal information is going to be displayed (text, profile picture, general information, perhaps links to their listings) I would opt for a custom solution. It really depends. The custom solution is going to be much more resource friendly in the long run as you could easily optimize the agent's website to be light on resources.

One thing I'm wondering is if these websites are going to be in the format of subdomain.YOUR.TLD or something along those lines. Are the agent websites going to be integrated into your main website so they have something like YOUR.TLD/AGENT? The structure you have there would heavily influence the final decision.

BadSyntax, Dec 2, 2017 IP
  5. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are familiar with WP just go with it, it will be a lot easier for you thanearning something else from 0. That is my opinion.

dimitarang, Dec 2, 2017 IP
  6. hardip2057

hardip2057 Banned

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Fully Agreed with suggestions. I would prefer to go with Custom / Core PHP. Ofcourse it requires development experienced to build it. I would suggest to hire good developer and get it done from him / her.

Woocommerce would have chances to hack because of free plugins otherwise Wordpress is best for SEO point of view.

hardip2057, Dec 7, 2017 IP
    OaldDesign likes this.
  7. louloua

louloua Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    wordpress is the best cms ever is very easy to custumize and the themes are georges even the plugin is really wonderful im always with wordpress ever

louloua, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  8. daoustma

daoustma Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean "site for each agent?". Wordpress multisite is pretty powerful for allowing each agent to have their own subsite, but those will be separate sites with their own data and you'll need some custom code to allow them to display shared listings.

I'd probably still go with Wordpress and either custom home pages for each agent (and maybe a membership plugin to manage content visibility), or multisite to give each agent more control of their own domain.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    daoustma, Dec 16, 2017 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    OP seems to want to say "I'd like to stay with WordPress, need someone to convince me to stick to it because I've heard bad things about load limits." - wordpress.com is a multisite setup which hosts loads of blogs, yet it's fast enough to convince me to use the same platform for my own business needs, if that's what I'm familiar with more than other CMS solutions.

Clive, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  10. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dare you list other people properties and then see Lehman Brothers 2 coming in the world. Entire investment of banks in Infra projects will start flowing in Telecom and Internet again.

jaguar34, Mar 31, 2018 IP
  11. YYDevelop

YYDevelop Member

Best Answers:
    Yes wordpress is easier to use and there are a lot more people working with it.
    As you said wordpress are less suited to work with really big databases so in your case it might be better to try and use Drupal.

YYDevelop, Apr 12, 2018 IP
    OaldDesign likes this.
  12. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress is easy to handle. I agree but for your project Drupal will be best option.

dam pointing, Apr 21, 2018 IP
  13. Satya Joshi

Satya Joshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know WordPress is easy to handle and simple as well; But there are many I've seen they are switching over WordPress for their own product; For projects like eCommerce or News Sites or Property Listing Business.

What do you suggest?

Will it be secure to create your own CMS and use it?

Satya Joshi, Apr 21, 2018 IP