1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which drag and drop html editor is easiest to work with?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by fileultra, Dec 13, 2017.

I have used Frontpage quite a bit in the past to make amateur websites. It was very easy to learn and use.
    However now a days its really outdated especially due to its inability to make responsive sites.
    So which WYSIWUG, preferably drag and drop editor is easiest to migrate to from frontpage?
    I know WP and find visual composer etc. being no match for easiness of frontpage's drag and drop functionality. I am not looking to code professional websites, just want to use an existing website's 1 or 2 pages for template, load it in a simple html editor and change colors, elements, text, banners etc. to make a different page quickly. Nothing too fancy but simple and easy drag and drop/WYSWYG.
    Can someone please suggest any html editor which can handle above task?

fileultra, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  2. fileultra

fileultra Active Member

Best Answers:
    may be pinegrow?

fileultra, Dec 14, 2017 IP
  3. bobocheez

bobocheez Active Member

Best Answers:
    beaver builder

bobocheez, Dec 14, 2017 IP
  4. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used .net framework. It is easy to use and has more features.

Sumit_Singh, Dec 14, 2017 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just... don't.

WYSIWYG editors UNIVERSALLY create broken, bloated, inaccessible websites that are train wreck laundry-lists of how NOT to create a website. The entire concept of starting out dicking around with what it looks like before you even have semantic markup is back-assward and a middle finger to users with accessibility needs.

Go get a flat text edtior -- even notepad will do but a proper programmers editor / notepad replacement (flo's notepad2, editplus, notepad++, atom, sublime) is ideal -- edit the bloody HTML and CSS directly and test in ACTUAL BROWSERS.

ANYTHING that even has a 'preview pane' in it, much less a full fledged WYSIWYG is just duping you into THINKING you can build a website, when all you are making is useless garbage.

This is even MORE true once you get into responsive layout, where you have MULTIPLE different appearances that... well, when done right? There should be as many different combinations as there are horizontal pixels on the display! Hence why that whole "fixed width layout" crap has been and always will be inaccessible trash, and why the WYSIWYG mentality will only continue to vomit up useless broken trash!

You're not going to build semantic markup with a semi-fluid elastic responsive layout using a WYSIWYG... and anything less than that is an epic /FAIL/ at building websites! If you've been around long enough to even know what Frontpage is (considering Microsoft killed it off what, a decade ago?), it's time to put on the big boy pants.

deathshadow, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  6. fileultra

fileultra Active Member

Best Answers:
    well the keyword here is Visual Editor. Frontpage alllowed a novie to open new page in front page, copy the webpage from a website - visually by doing a right click, paste it in frontpage and voila! You have a page ready now for editing and your midas touch LOL. No need to look at coding so it was very easy to work with. I think wix is similar but I am looking for a similar visual editor that can be installed on Windows.

fileultra, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Aka broken halfwit garbage.

Said page having bloated non-semantic markup, and being a giant middle finger to usability, accessibility, sustainability, and a host of other shortcomings. They DELUDE people into THINKING they can build a website, when all they've really done is wipe their ass and slop it online.

... and don't even get me STARTED about the giant SCAM of developer ineptitude that is Wix. As I've said many times about a great many things; for people who know nothing about websites, BY people who know nothing about websites is NOT a recipe for success! -- ditch the ***ing tricycle meant for toddlers and learn to ride on two wheels!

THE ENTIRE CONCEPT of a WYSIWYG, drag and drop editor, or any of the rest of that chazerei is utterly back-assward and really need to be stamped out. People are dumber for their even EXISTING!

deathshadow, Dec 16, 2017 IP
  8. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After using MS frontpage myself for some years I had the same problem to find a new solution after MS stoped supporting it. All wordpress builders I used are ok but just that, ok but that's it. The best what I fount to replace frontpage is http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/. Takes some time to learn but they run a big support forum. Enjoy…

DanielBlue, Jan 23, 2018 IP
  9. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    I like the Divi theme. Nowadays, I build all my sites with Divi. It also comes with a ton of preconfigured layouts.

Bielefelder, May 18, 2018 IP