1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate content on multiple domains

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by TechTimmy, Dec 13, 2017.

Hi all, first time post :)

The company I work for has a main website (websitename.com) with loads of original content and thousands of products, all in English.

We're looking to launch websites in German and French and have the domains (websitename.fr and websitename.de)

I want to use exactly the same design for all sites but don't want to upload all files to the other domains as changing one would mean having to change all 3 (possibly more in the future)

What is the best approach to this task without hurting the original website? Ideally a customer visits websitename.fr and sees exactly the same website as websitename.com but with websitename.fr displayed in URL bar. I can do some jiggery to change the language to French with php but all the sites use the same core HTML files and images.

Any suggestions would be great.

TechTimmy, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have Rapid Cloaker by Barry Rodgers that redirects but keeps the redirecting URL in the bar. If you want to check that out you can look him up. I don't have an affiliate link but his name is a .com.

JoeSpirit, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  3. TechTimmy

TechTimmy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks but I was hoping this would be fairly standard practice for webmasters and a common solution would already exist?

TechTimmy, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  4. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your website itself. If your site is PHP-based, you can include all the core/template files from parent website in your child websites, and display content itself (text) from local database. This way, once you modify main site files, changes are visible on other sites, but when you update content in English, text on French site doesn't change to English, it stays French.

phpmillion, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  5. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As my analysis ,if you want to add google 3 different property ,you should be use unique image ,content. at-list change 10% CSS and HTML design for making unique site.
    It is better practice to use domain masking.

RomanEpo, Feb 20, 2018 IP
  6. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It mean Multiple website with same content. then Google Will Penalize these site for content duplication. Isn't it?

any suggestions for multiple website with same content and google will not penalized?

Paresh Shrimali, Dec 6, 2018 IP