1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is "Baby" a Gated category

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by eGrizzly, Dec 9, 2017.

I had ran across a Facebook group discussion that "Baby" category was gated, and that FBA sellers could not sell stuff in that category without applying for approval. However, I googled the gated categories and found the link (below) that lists gated categories but "Baby" was not one of them. Which should I believe? My budget is not that high and I cannot afford mistakes.

List of Categories (from Amazon) that require approval.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14113001

eGrizzly, Dec 9, 2017 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Contact amazon and ask them.

In my experience some aren't listed as restricted and then you get into the details and there are vendor based restrictions that aren't listed anywhere, where brands can approve who lists their products on Amazon and similar scenarios.

jestep, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  3. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "vendor based restrictions" ? omg! for the love of Jupiter I do private label and would only sell generic brands directly from the manufacturer. I think I'll just go ahead and take the risk of ordering from the mfx. Thanks a lot for the insight.

eGrizzly, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  4. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try having your own store? It's way better than FBA. I am talkig about dropshipping here. There are literally no restrictions and it has minimal risk involved. You can have your own webstore at lowest costs. Do search about AliExpress dropshipping and you'll know what I am talking about.

Cheers!

Bella Lopez, Jan 4, 2018 IP