1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Themes & Templates vs Cheap Handmade Websites?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Templier, Nov 15, 2017.

What is Better, Ready Web Themes & Templates or Cheap Handmade Websites? So if you can employ cheap designer, or choose ready template, isn't will be better to choose second?

Templier, Nov 15, 2017 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does not really matter. In both cases you probably end up with a worthless junk site that is unreliable, inefficient, not maintainable, and easily hacked.

You get what you pay for (if you are lucky). Free or cheap will not result in anything but another piece of garbage clogging up search results.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 16, 2017 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  3. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would prefer ready made theme as it will have update in the future :)

bluebelt91, Nov 22, 2017 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only if the author is actually supporting it, and is competent enough to update without screwing it up. You have little or no control if you are letting someone else do the design and coding.

COBOLdinosaur, Dec 4, 2017 IP
  5. MargoKlein

MargoKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are using a major site platform like WordPress, using themes is valuable. There are so many to choose from, and from reputable theme creators who support their product, that you have the ability to make your site look professional and unique. Plus, there are so many plugins that you can expand functionality without becoming a full time programmer. For me, it is better to use a theme to help me design a professional looking site, than to pay money for a cheap designer who disappears as soon as they get the cheque and leaves me with a site that looks poorly made or that crashes 2 months later.

MargoKlein, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  6. AdamUK

AdamUK Member

Best Answers:
    none
    Best option to me is use a custom builder and do it yourself. Then YOUR in control. there's a learning curve to do it yourself but I think the benefits outway the disadvantages. ill give you some guidance just msg me on the forum.
    adam

AdamUK, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  7. KateLip

KateLip Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer to use ready-made templates because it's free and there is a huge selection of different templates, you can choose to your taste. I always use the ready-made ones, and I've reloaded a lot of special sites and now I use only the best template wordpress https://www.templatemonster.com/best-selling-wordpress-themes/

KateLip, Jan 16, 2018 IP