1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Others Designs On Tshirts

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by PrinceTaz, Nov 30, 2017.

I want to know the correct legal way to do this. So lets say I have a tshirt company right? And I have a friend who designs art and i want to put his art on my tshirts and split the profits. Whats the best legal way to do this in order to protect ourselves?

PrinceTaz, Nov 30, 2017 IP
  2. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are afraid if someone will steal the designs if you list them on some big websites like ebay to sell the t shirts?
    Amazon provide similar service, it is called Merch I think. There you give your designs and they print it on t shirts. I think there is some protection by Amazon, there must be.

dimitarang, Nov 30, 2017 IP
  3. PrinceTaz

PrinceTaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the thing is, I am hosted on my own website. I run an eCommerce T-shirt selling website. Basically I don't want anybody to steal our designs and also I want to know the legality of him giving me his designs to put on a shirt. Like can he pull his designs when he wants even if we are splitting the profit? I'm interested to know how all that works.

PrinceTaz, Nov 30, 2017 IP
  4. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can sign a contract between you two and you'll be good to work free of stress. I am not sure how a certain design can be patented but I am pretty sure you can find tons of info about it on Google, just search for it.
    If I were you I wouldn't worked with friends and split the profit. I would just hire a designer to do all the designs and will pay him for the job and take all the profit for me. Think about this because from my experiance I can tell you it is not a good idea to work with close people, problems always occur.

dimitarang, Dec 1, 2017 IP
  5. BadSyntax

BadSyntax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to have something legalized and witnessed, otherwise it's a he said she said thing in court which isn't going to hold up.

BadSyntax, Dec 7, 2017 IP