1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to research most profitable niches?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Lordo, Jul 10, 2017.

Hi. Is there a way to research the most profitable niches in ecommerce, affiliation and dropshipping?

Lordo, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  2. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    "most profitable niches" is relative. The person that can help in this is you. For example, you have to look at your interest and your problem. Through taking these down, you can come up with something that is profitable. Most would follow their passion/hobbies niche because they are comfortable in marketing something that they like.

debbie hansen, Jul 10, 2017 IP
    thebrandman and Lordo like this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will depend on what type of e-commerce business you have specialized in the field.

KylieSweet, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Emerging markets should be considered. It is always an advantage to be the first to enter a market.

dcristo, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  5. expels

expels Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Find out what products are already selling and what problem are they trying to solve.

expels, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  6. rossnorvell.com

rossnorvell.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My best guess would be to use a lean approach. Setup a woocommerce / wordpress site in your guessed niche, run ads & validate whether or not it's profitable. I do freelance development for ecommerce websites, so I wrote a helpful article on setting up a woocommerce + wordpress website. Hope this helps.

rossnorvell.com, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  7. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go first with what you're interested with. Research about it, find out how it would be profitable, and so on. It's easier to get into something that you're interested in since you will be more dedicated in keeping it going.

Milliardo, Jul 28, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  8. lorettalschmitz

lorettalschmitz Member

Best Answers:
    a niche market is a specific subset of a larger market where a customer with a set problem or problems have been identified.

lorettalschmitz, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  9. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, upcoming markets (products) are always hot. What we do not know is if they will be evergreen. But even if they die after a few months, you can make some good cash.

The quickest and most reliable way to do it is using software to find out what people really buy. There is software around like junglescout etc. Find what is selling, check the margins, competition etc. and then start small to lower the risk.

DanielBlue, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this its simple .When you see the most competitive keywords then they are the most profitable ones .

Spartan14, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  11. Sherpasean

Sherpasean Member

Best Answers:
    It's evaluating the competition that's the trick...

Sherpasean, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  12. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To find profitable niches do below:
    1. Use existing models from amazon or ebay. These websites usually have a "bestsellers" list. You can see right off the bat what is currently
    profitable.
    2. Make a list of items you've purchased before. From this list use Google Trends and search for each item. If they're trending then they're a potentially profitable niche.

3. Have a open mindset. Your most profitable product idea could come to you while you're sitting in traffic, or waiting at the checkout line. Write these ideas down quickly before you forget them.

4. What your passionate about. This I believe is the most important. Since product "demand" makes up only a percentage of
    how effective your marketing would be. If you're passionate about something you're most likely to easily come up with ways to market it. (e.g. a tennis player would know how to easily market tennis rackets, a fitness trainer would know how to easily market diet programs)

eGrizzly, Oct 24, 2017 IP
    Lordo likes this.
  13. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Look at the PPC click price for related keywords on Google AdWords, a good indicator of niche profit margins.

David Morrison, Oct 27, 2017 IP
    Lordo likes this.
  14. hansfra

hansfra Member

Best Answers:
    I Will Do Amazon, Aliexpress, Alibaba Product Research.I will be your best assistant in ecommerce / b2b market and customer research. I will help you find products that sell, in niches where opportunity is high, with real Amazon sales data to back it up. The products that I will find for you to sell on Amazon are products that you can source from China (Alibaba) and sell on Amazon for large profit margins using the private label model. The products that I will recommend to you has: Good Margins, Existing Solid Demand, Sells for over $20-$100, Cost you less than $5 to buy Low Seasonality, No Legal Issues If you have any additional questions, please let me know.I look forward to working with you soon Thank You

hansfra, Nov 9, 2017 IP
  15. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Show me one sample product that you found that has high margin. Then if it's true what you say we can do business. For now, I'm only interested in the categories below:

Baby
    Health & Personal Care
    Home & Garden
    Home & Kitchen
    Office Products
    Patio, Lawn, Garden
    Pet Supplies
    Sports & Outdoors
    Toys/Games
    Industrial & Scientific

Also:

- Product should not be over 2lbs
    - Nothing electronic (e.g. items that need batteries)
    - Cannot measure any more than 12inch x 7inch x 4inch (12" X 7" X 4")

Additionally:

I use JungleScout for my product research. So I'm going to need to be able to verify the profitability using the JungleScout tool.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon !!!

eGrizzly, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  16. hansfra

hansfra Member

Best Answers:
    Jungle Scout is definitely good for product research but that is not the only thing for product research. You have to understand Google trends, Ecommerce data, SEMRush premium, Shipping companies most shipped data etc. :) I can help. PM me.

hansfra, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  17. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are going to start a research, do it manually, trust me, don't count on paid tools only. The real results will come to you when you look for them by yourself. No tool can see better than you, software only suggests on some criteria you entered initialy and that's it.

dimitarang, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  18. hansfra

hansfra Member

Best Answers:
    Fully agreed with you .

hansfra, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  19. Christy Taut

Christy Taut Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to tell one of my secret tricks that i have been using for past 2 years to find profitable niches. Go to clickbank.com and go deep into categories. And there comes the trick.. use the sort by feature to sort the products by popularity! You will find hundreds of profitable products for our ecommerce site! Thank me later. ;)

Christy Taut, Nov 24, 2017 IP
  20. p307ig

p307ig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to perform 2 -free- steps:
    1st)
    Assuming everybody dealing with Ecommerce knows about that Directory, I do not need to mention the URL:

„This World Web Sites Hosting Information Directory (January 2018) contains hosting information more than Seven Million Most Popular Websites on the internet with the highest traffic. It is includes hosting information all sites on the internet with traffic of more than 100 people per day. Each website ip address is re-checked every 24 days (7.1 million website ip addresses).“

Using this you can find Shopify URLs:
    SHOPIFY-Stores “General”
    or
    SHOPIFY-Stores “Gadgets”
    or
    SHOPIFY-Stores “dogs”
    and so on.

2nd)
    You can find the best-selling articles of any shopify-site:
    Shopify URLs
    Add:
    /collections/all?sort_by=best-selling