1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission

Discussion in 'Directories' started by daily life hacks, Apr 10, 2017.

1. vamert

vamert Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it was effective, in addition to EVo said.. gaining you real traffic when your site has been feature for a reputable directory.

vamert, Jun 10, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot see any harm with people listing their businesses in reputable directories. But to list your business in every possible directory you find on the internet will do more harm than good. A directory where there is no review and you can list your link easily, is probably blacklisted by Google. Having a link there can also penalize your business on Google searches.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    MrKing01, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  3. maxstone

maxstone Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to find directory site with main domain only not with subdomain and using same structure and content because Google and other Search Engine will not count this kind of Directory Sites as backlinks even though they have high PR.

maxstone, Oct 19, 2017 IP
  4. bengor

bengor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree. They can be really useful yet.

bengor, Nov 20, 2017 IP
  5. Garen Arnold

Garen Arnold Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest with you I don’t really believe you should be submitting your website to directories for SEO value. It may have been a good practice years ago, but today I don’t really believe it holds a lot of SEO value.

Just having your website in various directories could actually end up hurting you, too. Meaning, if they are from low value sites. A directory should really “nofollow” (meaning passed link juice) their links pointing to your website. The reason being is because your paying to be in their directory. Paying for a link to a site is against Google’s TOS.

I would say niche directories that are highly valuable to your website is a better approach. Not that I'm really a big advocate of paying to be in a directory. I would much rather focus on quality content for my websites.

Garen Arnold, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  6. CalvinD

CalvinD Member

Best Answers:
    I used directories to get the first few links to my site (some follow and nofollow). I was very careful about only choosing ones in my niche and where possible human edited ones to stop link spammers. This gave me the initial start for my site and got a little DA behind it as well as the beginnings of some organic traffic. It wouldn't be my only method long term as what we really want is some strong editorial links. However it got me off the ground and gave me a base.

CalvinD, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  7. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Social bookmarking submissions are more effective than directories but directories also help.

dimitarang, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  8. Sankalp Patil

Sankalp Patil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is place where you can add your directory of business.
    When you add the directory details at that time you have to add back link which is one of the offline SEO tatics

Sankalp Patil, Apr 24, 2018 IP