1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will the Google AMP policy update hurt my sites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dicksonwoo, Nov 18, 2017.

Hi,

I have read a news from https://searchengineland.com/google-will-require-amp-canonical-pages-match-february-1-2018-286921 which said "Google will require AMP and canonical pages to match as of February 1, 2018". That makes me nervous because all my sites are for desktop software products and made by static html pages. I don't have any AMP pages because I don't think customers want to visit them via mobile devices, due to the products all need to be downloaded to PC...

Will this update hurt SERPs? Any suggestions and opinions?

dicksonwoo, Nov 18, 2017 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Only if your AMP content does not match your canonical content. The reason for it was to stop people from giving only a teaser and then forcing the person to try to read the content in a desktop format. You don't HAVE to have AMP content, but it may impact your ranking on Google.

If you are using a CMS, such as Jumla or WordPress, then you should be able to find plugins that will make your posts and pages be available in an AMP format. I know that Wordpress does. If you are using some other script for your website, then you might be somewhat screwed.

usasportstraining, Nov 19, 2017 IP
  3. dicksonwoo

dicksonwoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't use any CMS, i wrote the HTML by myself... And like what you said, I don't have AMP pages indeed..

dicksonwoo, Nov 19, 2017 IP