1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bounce rate

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Chris2017, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My site has a bounce rate of around 70%. What are some changes I can make to decrease the bounce rate?

Thanks

Chris2017, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the most likely reasons for high bounce rate is un-interesting content. Another is advertising that targets a specific subject that the site doesn't deliver on.

Without getting a look at your site however, I'm not able to determine if you have one (or both) of those problems.

JoeSpirit, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  3. Sam J

Sam J Peon

Best Answers:
    Proper internal links will help in reducing the bounce rate of a page.

Sam J, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  4. Ajit Joshi

Ajit Joshi Peon

Best Answers:
    your website content can be one of the most important factors of high bounce rate. so check what your visitors are looking for on your website and according to that develop your content. second it may be the wrong platform on which you are promoting the website that may drag irrelvant traffic to your website that can increase the bounce rate. so you need to look in both the factors.

Ajit Joshi, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  5. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many possible reasons for high bounce rate like Irrelevant Content, Slow Load Time, Lack of Content, Content is not Optimized Properly, Technical Error, Links on inappropriate websites I mean not on the niche website and created wrongly, Single Page Website always has the high Bounce Rate, Website Design or Lots of ads.

How you can decrease the Bounce rate
    1. Disavow Bad Links to your website
    2. Work on Websites UX and UI
    3. Optimize the Content for the user's
    4. Write content from a user point of not write the self-sufficient content
    5. Use Proper Meta Title and Description to your Website
    6. Work on Page Load Speed
    7. Change the look and Feel of the Websites according to the theme

Sumit_Singh, Sep 21, 2017 IP
  6. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many points... But the best for which every webmaster should work is the "Home page creativity" and what it instantly showing to the visitor so the visitor never leave the website.

Arun Kumar Soni, Sep 22, 2017 IP
  7. rajendra1682

rajendra1682 Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate generally increases due to:

Bad selection of keywords
    Slow website speed
    bad Website designing
    Bad content
    Inappropriate backlinks
    etc..

rajendra1682, Oct 5, 2017 IP
  8. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Simple solution to decrease bounce rate just enhance the content quality on your website, apart from it increase internal linking so that user will move within the website rater than to move from your website.

brajeshyadav, Nov 10, 2017 IP
  9. rayan1989

rayan1989 Peon

Best Answers:
    From optimizesmart informative post:
    • Poor webpage design (use of poor contrast: like black background, yellow text)
    • Poor Navigation
    • Not using a responsive layout. So landing pages become hard to read on devices with different screen resolutions.
    • Cluttering of ads or too many ads above the fold.
    • Too much text
    • Poor formatting (not using bold, italics, underline etc)
    • Little to no spacing between lines and paragraphs.
    • Lack of headings and sub-headings. Your very first headline must highlight the benefit of reading any further.
    • Landing pages which take forever to download. If this is the case then expect 100% bounce rate all the time.
    • Audio/video contents which auto play as soon as the page loads. This is very annoying for visitors. Avoid it at all cost.
    can help you in reducing your bounce rate.
    good luck!
    طراحی سایت

rayan1989, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  10. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You are either targeting the wrong people via advertising, search engine, etc, or you have the right visitors, but you are not giving them what they want. Make sure your content is enticing and worth reading for your visitors. Yes, it's easier said than done.

usasportstraining, Nov 19, 2017 IP
  11. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you reduce it?
    its simple:

1. Improve Your Content's Readability. ...
    2. Avoid Popups – Don't Disrupt the UX. ...
    3. Create a Compelling Call-to-Action. ...
    4. Improve Your Brand Storytelling. ...
    5. Keep Your Blog Fresh With the Right Content. ...
    6. Target Keywords With High-Value Traffic.

wanessmark, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  12. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is usually a biggie. Same with ads. If you have tons of ads that slow browsers people will bounce. Keep it subtle

superrichguy, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  13. Omnitec1018

Omnitec1018 Member

Best Answers:
    Create landing pages which satisfy visitor's query
    Develop relevant content which can be consumed in short span of time.

Omnitec1018, Dec 17, 2017 IP
  14. Andrew141

Andrew141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems like no one here is really addressing the real problem, which is that, your bounce rate has a lot more to do with WHERE your traffic coming from. For example, whenever I advertise on reddit, I can expect an 85% bounce rate, but when I get organic traffic straight from Google, then my bounce rate is 60%.

It depends on what kind of site you have, but a 70% bounce rate is actually not that bad in most cases, and like I mentioned above, your bounce rate has more to do with where your traffic is coming from.

Andrew141, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  15. Altometa

Altometa Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think to put it simply, Bounce Rate happens when your users stumble in your site and not finding what they are looking for.

The best way to resolve this is to target specific users ideal to your niche.

Altometa, Jun 22, 2018 IP
  16. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The single biggest reason that I 'bounce' when visiting a website is that the WEBSITE FAILS TO LOAD. Fully HALF of the websites delivered to my browser by Google are so badly coded that they fail to load, so within SECONDS I bounce to the next site.

The second reason that I bounce within SECONDS is a website that loads, but is so poorly coded that I cannot read it, cannot navigate it, and sometimes cannot even close the window due to shitty code.

Those are websites that are shown by Google to have EXACTLY what I need, but FAIL to deliver a usable site. Those are sites that I should NEVER need to bounce away from.

Typically, I bounce on NINE out of EVERY ten listed on the first page of Google results, ALL OF WHICH USUALLY HAVE WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR, but are so shittily coded that they are UNUSABLE.

So, I suggest that the FIRST thing that you do is to make SURE that your visitors are being delivered a WORKING page with USEFUL information on that page. Once you have that problem under control, then you can address why people do not stay. If they cannot get to your site, or cannot use the first page they land on, they will never go further.

mmerlinn, Jun 22, 2018 IP
  17. Best Buy Systems

Best Buy Systems Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Buddy, if u want to decrease your website bounce rate so work on related sites and categories of your site.

Best Buy Systems, Jul 10, 2018 IP
  18. Irfan Aslam

Irfan Aslam Peon

Best Answers:
    Good engaging content is key and secondary you have to be targeting the correct audience. Although even if the content is rubbish doesn't matter how good an audience you have targeted. Knowing certain KPIs will help immensely knowing if you are on the right track. There's certain data that Google Analytics shows you which in invaluable, check out the link that I came across for top tips on what to check on Google Analytics.
    https://www.inspiredecomm.com/single-post/2018/06/09/5-tips-on-how-to-effectively-use-Google-Analytics

Irfan Aslam, Jul 20, 2018 IP
  19. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend working on the structure of the site. If a product is in a large number of clicks the user leaves. The design of the main page and the content content has a big role also.

Orol, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  20. domaxi198

domaxi198 Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed, that my website loaded about 4 seconds. After I did an optimization the bounce rate dropped significally. So I think, performance is indeed a factor for a high bounce rate.

domaxi198, Aug 27, 2018 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.