1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Expert Advice: The Best Use for My Two Domains

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DeniG, Oct 30, 2017.

Hi all

I have been a member of DP for 10 years but have been gone a while. I have two domains that I need expert advice about. Both had WP blogs on them, but I deleted the hosting accounts this morning, and must admit that though I thought I knew a lot 10 years ago, I now see that I don't really know much at all, except how to blog and do SEO for clients, not myself. I need to make a living, so I never really gave those two blogs much of a chance. Now I want to dedicate daily hours to doing something else.

I want to build something on these two domains that will provide income and eventually passive income. All advice is appreciated.

realcareer.us
    smallbusinesspromote.com

I was thinking of a website for realcareer.us with jobs from indeed.com and smallbusinesspromote.com an advertising advice website.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
    DeniG, Oct 30, 2017 IP
  2. jr777

jr777 Member

Best Answers:
    The best advice I ever heard regarding blogs was to make them as focused as possible. The question you have to ask yourself is why someone would come to your blog and not just go to indeed.com directly?

Instead of having a blog about jobs in general, why not have a blog that focuses on a very specific job sector? For example, alternative energy is VERY hot right now, and they're expecting photo-voltaic solar panel installer to be the fastest growing job in the US. You could have a blog that aggregates job openings in that field.

I wouldn't be looking for an excuse to use an old domain name. Domain names are cheap, so start with the idea, then get a domain to match that idea. Maybe you can sell the old ones.

jr777, Oct 31, 2017 IP
  3. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    realcareer - Dont take job from Indeed, better to work hard promote it make it creative first So job providers Post jobs on it. It can take time, but within 3 to 6 months, it becomes a Huge brand.
    smallbusinesspromote - Still I think you have this domain, create attractive website of content, seo, smm ppc, web design, app development... promote it and you have lots of queries from it. Make team hire team ... and enjoy the Business.

Arun Kumar Soni, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't much care for the idea of just posting indeed.com jobs on the realcareer site. It might make more sense to make it a blog about how to get into the career you want or something like that.

jrbiz, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My best advice would be to not try to come up with a business idea for a silly $8 domain name that you happen to already have but to rather come up with a business idea then register a new domain name.

I register domain names all the time. Some times the domain names just sound cool to me. But I'll be damn if I spend my time trying to think of a business idea for them lol. Come up with the business first.

NetStar, Nov 3, 2017 IP
    jr777 likes this.
  6. jr777

jr777 Member

Best Answers:
    And if they're worth enough to justify keeping, then sell them! Instead of wasting them on some halfbaked idea to try and justify their existence. Then take the money and use it to buy a domain that's suited to something you actually want to do.

jr777, Nov 3, 2017 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  7. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use smallbusinesspromote.com to sell some sort of service (or services) to local businesses in your area.

gregdavidson, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  8. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wrote a blog post that will help you promote your blogs effectively, search google for "50+ Ninja-level Ways to Promote your Blog Post for Free"

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  9. integritysites

integritysites Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advise. Do it.

integritysites, Nov 17, 2017 IP