1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where and how to get a marketing guy?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by vybrano, Oct 28, 2017.

I'm in process of finishing specialized website for a certain community of people (eg. website tracking your stock investements; forum from HTML enthusiasts etc.). While I'm capable to developing and mantaining such a website, I'm not really good at general marketing and propagation. For this reasson I was thinking about hiring somebody else.

But all I can find is: - PR articles for sale, Facebook spam, seting up Adwords accounts, backlinks for sale... .

I don't think any of that is the right way.

I think you have to get to know community. What website's are popular amongs them. Join them. Be active in community (at least set up accounts etc.). And go from there. Also Google up some related KW and try to put links in search results. Etc.

Not buying PR articles on unrelates blogs. Or brute force spam forums. Or buying backlinks.

But I can't find anybody, who would understand/offered such an approach to marketing. Who would really do the research first and based on that followed up with the propagation.

Does anybody like that exists? How to find them? I'm not looking for a PR company or employee. More like self-employee guy, who full-time manages marketing for 10 - 15 different sites.

vybrano, Oct 28, 2017 IP
  2. vybrano

vybrano Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To sum it up: Idon't want SEO. I want community related traffic and acknowledgment of existence of website amongs related community.

vybrano, Oct 28, 2017 IP
  3. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  4. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for someone who's salaried or contract?

The thing about hiring a good marketer is that it takes roughly about 18 months to start seeing an ROI. So if you're going white hat, take that into consideration since there's a lot of things a good digital marketer has to do upfront. If you're not invested in the long-term, you're probably looking for some quick wins and sadly, there's no magic bullet answer to make a site profitable and popular instantly.

Slincon, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  5. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Search twitter for marketers with lots of followers and engagement, that way you know they know what they are doing.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP