1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MPM Prefork vs Worker

Discussion in 'Apache' started by qwikad.com, Oct 11, 2017.

The support suggested that I switch to MPM Worker to speed up the site. Which I did but, if anything, it made it run slower. I switched back to MPM Prefork.

Any particular reason why people believe that MPM Worker should be faster when I see the opposite?

qwikad.com, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what your complete setup is, including Apache and PHP versions, PHP setup, memory, CPU cores, etc. Switching to a different MPM means a completely different configuration setup.

billzo, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As of now everything seems to work nice (fast). But if I do decided to rebuild it back to MPM Worker (or Event) what other things should I tweak to make it work like it should? I usually go with the latest everything (PHP, Apache, etc.).

qwikad.com, Oct 16, 2017 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just make sure you pay attention to whether or not your PHP is built to be thread-safe or not.

billzo, Oct 20, 2017 IP