1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Xenforo 2

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by DirtRider, Oct 1, 2017.

I have been playing around on the beta release of XF2 and so far they sure have done a great job in upping their games.

As per normal there are a few ideas or features that I am not really liking that much but I suppose as I play more they will become more apparent as to how to best use them.

I do like the idea of being able to edit your widgets as this has been something that XF has needed for some time now.

So what are your thoughts on XF2, what do you like and what are you not so excited about?

DirtRider, Oct 1, 2017 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Even though my XF forum is rather new, I have no plans to upgrade to XF2 anytime soon...
    XF2 is in beta, therefore, you have less options, however, if you do not mind having less
    options, then XF2 maybe fine; Some of the plugins I use have not upgraded to XF2, and
    I do not want to be caught in the middle, and for the moment, I will continue with XF1.5
    and probably will not upgrade until XF has released a couple of stable versions, and before
    I do upgrade, then those plugins I do use must be moving toward XF2 also, and to be
    honest, it could be well into next year before I even consider upgrading....

It is about time XF starts moving toward mobile....
    being able to visit any site on mobile is a must these days....

So far, XF2 looks promising....

dscurlock, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I really like xf2 so far, I'm running and have a section that allows guest posting here if anyone wants to check things out.
    I'm really impressed with the mobile integration, it's heads above the competition already and it's still in beta! lol
    I like the option on those blocks as well being able to place them where I want or remove them if needed.
    Can't wait to see how the updates improve this already impressive script.

Brandon Sheley, Oct 8, 2017 IP
  4. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I purposely didn't even look at XF2 until it went gold. But everything they've done I absolutely love, alot of the things which I previously modified whether that be functions, addons or cosmetics are built into core making things easier. Being someone that doesn't like loads of addons and likes a lightweight forum XF2 suits me. Already testing functionality of some SEO / Webmaster Addons I've made : Xenforo SEO Addons

Rivmedia, Dec 10, 2017 IP
  5. zuardin

zuardin Member

Best Answers:
    Widget, its easy to configure now :)

zuardin, Jun 3, 2018 IP