1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I expected better

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by krakjoe, Dec 17, 2006.

Yesterday whilst browsing the forums, I found a guy pulling off a blatant scam :
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=1941914

Now, I attempted to stop him in his tracks by revealing the truth about his "product", not only did I recieve an infraction but the moderators of this forum saw fit to remove all of the important information posted by me, proving that it is infact a scam.

I'm just wondering to myself why this sort of thing is allowed to go on in the first place, I know at least the guy who deleted the threads and I got an infraction from definately knows for a fact that I'm right, so if I posted an offer giving people the chance to walk along the beach with Winston Churchill and the Queens dogs that would be okay would it ?

Now you're probably thinking what's it gotta do with you anyway, well everything the people this guy is conning are prespective customers of anyone in the industry, so it is infact my business, quite literally.

Please explain to me, without floating around the subject; why it is that you are allowing such ridiculous claims to be made, also explain to me why when an experienced programmer informs the other members of the community they are being scammed that you see fit to remove this important information.

krakjoe, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    TheSyndicate and max pain like this.
  2. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is not a scam this is a working script but yes sure for the handy people you can decode it. The scam is that he saying its a few people that have it, its old as hell :mad:.

I understand you want to warn others about a bad script do not write scam just maybe do a google search and show people that this script have been here for over 6 years :)

Good luck in the future i gave you some green for effort :)

TheSyndicate, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  3. krakjoe

krakjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a scam when you're selling something you do not have, he is selling an HTML encryptor, and he doesn't have one.

Also, it's the "handy" people that you would buy a product like this to protect yourself, the average joe doesn't matter......

So far as I can see it's a scam from every angle......

krakjoe, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Joe, I just went to thre thread referenced and see your initial warning is still in place. The subsequent war of words is what was removed.

Smyrl, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  5. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Krakejoe i have the Script he is talking about. (i got it for free) If he has not got it i am sure its a scam but you did not say that in the post you said its a normal JAVA script and thats not a scam.

Hi Smyrl nice to see you making a post :) Hope you are ok !

TheSyndicate, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    techblog and Smyrl like this.
  6. krakjoe

Best Answers:
    It is just javascript, but he's selling it as an html encryptor, and it isn't, it's no more or less complicated than that, hes selling something that he does not have.

I don't have the exact script he's talking about but am fully aware of how such code comes about it took 5 seconds to write something to decipher the text.

Also, I see my initial warning is still in place however, so is the thread selling the phoney software, which is the issue here.

krakjoe, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow!@
    Did not realize that a script that is what, 4 years old, is being called a scam.

Hate to burst your bubble there, but like I said, this script has been around for at least 4 years.
    I sold it for quite a while, even had a site that sold that service.
    Plus I know a few other people who still sell this service.

Before you call something a scam, do your homework.

iowadawg, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  8. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Do not call someone a scammer until you have enough to proof and convince fellow members. You should ask hell lot of questions(Legitimate only) and you can call that sale "fishy" but try to avoid calling someone a scammer until you have something to prove. :)

jaree, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  9. krakjoe

Best Answers:
    Are you fuckin stupid or what ?

The guy is selling a javascript that escapes characters as HTML encryptor, that's a fuckin scam, just because you used to do it aswell, doesn't make it any better, it's still a scam.

krakjoe, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  10. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you are not stupid and you are aware that this is a public forum and you are NOT allowed to use that kind of rubbish "language" here.

jaree, Dec 18, 2006 IP
    Adam Fletcher likes this.
  11. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Im guessing hes just mad. Maybe he's just trying to help :eek: .

- Prilep :)

prilep, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  12. krakjoe

Best Answers:
    Oh, but it's perfectly acceptable to scam other members so long as no one talks about it.

krakjoe, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  13. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand all you have to do to see the result source code is press ctrl+a and 'view selection source.' But no product of that kind could claim to be perfect. It's apparently been the standard upheld for ages and I couldn't say that the product has no value...

Look at the bright side, dude, you could make something that raises the bar and swat that script out of the sky!

phree_radical, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Forget it krakjoe, it is a lost cause, DP is scammers heaven now.

Just take a look at the junk being sold everywhere... YPN accounts, adwords accounts, miracle myspace bulletins to 2 million people, packs of images or wallpapers which when opened have watermarks from other sites all over them...

This is not a good place to do business any more.
    Sad but true.

fryman, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  15. krakjoe

Best Answers:
    Another infraction for inappropriate language and yet the scam thread that inspired this is still open, to the people who run this forum you have some real strange morals......

I must remember not to swear, and I must remember to start a few of my own scam threads, see how far I get; anyone wanna buy tickets to venus ?

krakjoe, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Take a deep breath :)

It has been said many times by many people on this forum

What someone might feel is a scam , others may not, DP is an open forum

We have court systems, police FBI and other organizations that deal with fraud.

DP can't sit here and be the judge and jury of the MILLIONS of products and sales that go on.

Its hard enough for the mods to keep this place clean of spam.

Also to call someone a fraud or scammer you need proof.

Who is going to sit down and look at all the evidence?

As for the last infraction for " wrong speech"

Taking your anger out on other members isn't going to stop anything but make things worse ( like unneeded fights )

If you feel someone is a fraud, scammer , Just contact your local police and refer the member, cause in the end all country's also abide by different laws as well

Hope this clears things up a bit

Have a great Holiday :)

sundaybrew, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  17. krakjoe

Best Answers:
    Tell me something, is it always sunny where you live ?

If I rang the local police and said I'd found a scam artist online they would tell me to get a life, and quite right theres far more important things going on in the world.

However, I took a few minutes out of my day to better inform the unexperienced members / guests that what is being sold is infact not real, and it's not, no matter what country you live in, what laws you abide by or how you look at it; instead of the thread being deleted, which I fully expected; because it's entirely appropriate, I was penalized for it.

Having time isn't an issue, at least two members of the moderating team have had the time to give me infractions, so clearly it's not an issue.

You're just passing the buck to the next man, if you're going to run a commnity such as this then you should make sure you have all the resources necessary to look after that community, that includes common sense by the way.

krakjoe, Dec 18, 2006 IP
    devin and TooHappy like this.
  18. salmonbones

salmonbones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems all that can be done with scammers is to expose them and hope that stops people from making the mistake of purchasing that 'product'

If I purchased this - I would certainly feel like I had been taken in - as it happens, I came across this method on the hotscripts website for free a long time ago and so never had any interest.

Unfortunately, in my short time on this forum (And it certainly isn't just in this forum) we have too many people trying to make a quick profit without actually having a valuable product or service. This is just another example of many, Krakjoe - while I'm on your side I guess you need to move on and hope you have educated enough people to have hit this guys sales.

Hope you don't get a ban for your bad language!

salmonbones, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Exactly! Common sense... ;)

Crazy_Rob, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  20. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Why waste your time, and everyone elses, with these observations at all? If someone bought the script without so much as Googling the script name, then they should have done their homework.

That's not to mention the fact that you called the sale a blatant scam, when it seems pretty obvious to me that it's just some kid selling a script he has resell rights to. He doesn't know his product (at all), but that's not a crime, it's just lousy sales.

Your breakdown in this thread and use of foul language gives the impression that this may be personal. If so, this isn't the place for it.

And finally, think for a second. If DP mods were to close down every thread that was posted by a salesmen who didn't know his product but some random member called it a scam, they would never stop. It's beyond me why some members here expect DP mods to be police, judge, and jury when the world is full of the real thing, all perfectly willing to do their job. If you think a crime was committed, call the police. Moderators moderate; they don't convict based on one persons accusation, and a false one at that.

Maybe next time I witness a mugging I'll call (or PM) a DP mod :D

PalSys, Dec 18, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.