1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to convince an "Old Timer" about the importance of digital marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by brianamb, Sep 29, 2017.

Kinda repost from another site, but looking for diverse opinions.

Here’s the story:

My friend’s dad is partners of a huge import agricultural company. They are in the business importing millions of dollars worth of produce every year. NOT in the US. However, they haven’t been doing well. They have a badly designed website, but no other digital presence. No SEO. No Blog. No Social Media. No LinkedIn. Nothing. Heck, if you type the brand’s name, NOTHING even pops up in google. They could be fake for all that matters. Their excuse is that they are in the “agriculture B2B business” so they dont need it.

Now, while I am no big agency, I am comfortable in what I know about branding and digital marketing. I am constantly reading and practicing. Also, with a bigger budget, I can outsource to better talent.

Here’s my question. I know how to convince someone who is even remotely aware of the digital landscape. However, my friend’s dad doesn’t know jack shit. Keep in mind he also speaks LITTLE English.

So, what can I send him document wise to prove the importance of this? HE IS ALREADY ON BOARD, but just needs something to show his partners that this is worth the investment.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing some answers.

brianamb, Sep 29, 2017 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    saw this already ion another forum asked...

Jacob.k, Sep 29, 2017 IP
  3. brianamb

brianamb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not allowed to ask the same question here?

brianamb, Sep 29, 2017 IP
  4. Manoj Negi

Manoj Negi Banned

Best Answers:
    I can completely understand your situation. Here are my suggestions: -

1- You can go to Google and search for "importance of Digital Marketing" or "Increase your sales through Digital Marketing" or "why digital marketing is important for any online business or website" then share that information with him.

2- You can show the Google keyword tool and share how many people or buyers are searching for their products on the internet.

3- Share any case study of the same business how they increased their revenue using the digital marketing.

Visit here http://www.manojnegi.in/top-reasons-hire-digital-marketing-consultant/ to know the top reasons to hire a digital marketing consultant which may help you to convince them.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Manoj Negi, Oct 4, 2017 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    First, ask their permission to set up pages that will cost them nothing or very little (Linkedin, facebook business page, twitter). I'd set them up in their native language. If they are happy with their social media presence, they'd probably be more open to spend $$ on a new website. To prove the importance of social media and web pretense I'd research their business related keywords and the search volume those keywords get each month online (you can use AdWords keyword planner or something similar).

qwikad.com, Oct 4, 2017 IP
  6. Michal23

Michal23 Peon

Best Answers:
    How about showing him a competitor's wesbsite? My customers sometimes say "we need it, because our competition has it" ;)

Michal23, Oct 4, 2017 IP