1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eHost Shuts Down for Unknown Reasons

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Fillip Dahn, Sep 6, 2017.

So, I've been following web hosting industry for quite some time now. One thing popped up - when I visited eHost's website, it shown me the closure announcement and it was really strange to me:

1. eHost is part of EIG corporation, so they should definitely have enough resources to sustain the project or fix it if anything is actually wrong.
    2. EIG is know for its aggressive marketing techniques, perhaps it's just a structural improvement, since all the clients seem to be redirected to iPage (another one of EIG projects)
    3. This whole transition is kept quiet. Apart from the main announcement, there is no additional information about this process, even though it's been more than a week since the announcement.

What do you guys think? Are they simply merging the brands, or did eHost's marketing and product itself fail?

The original source - hosting.review/web-hosting/ehost-closed/

Fillip Dahn, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  2. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should listen to EIG's most recent press talk for their end of year.

They simply are not interested in the smaller brands and are trying to bring the customers they want under one roof.

EIG is not run well, they have lots of staff running around in different directions and I'd never run a business or any other website with them. The whole company is setup to increase the share price and they've ruined serveral good hosts, including Arvixe, Site5 and others.

They put so much money into brands that unless they want it to fail it wont fail (unless they decide to pull plug on funding).

Latic, Sep 8, 2017 IP
  3. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyway they were full of crap, I had lost a lot of time and nerves with them, so that's a good step.

Allen James, Sep 9, 2017 IP
  4. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Allen,

I was on the inside during the Arvixe take over and the policies this company has would make most people cringe. They buy brands and customers, not companies so they can remove the old staff, they as managers to hide the fact that all the members were to be sacked in 6 months (I didn't go along with this for my team). And they pressure "outgoing" managers to ensure when a staff members leave they are replaced (knowing that in reality they may only have a job for 2-6 months).

Normally you can see what a host is trying to do, but with this lot its simply a share price exercise.

Latic, Sep 11, 2017 IP