1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Live Graphs from APIs

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Gomar, Sep 5, 2017.

How difficult is it for someone to create live charts from APIs from another website? I am looking to grab live data from an exchange site's API and then aggregate the data set to spit out the result and display it on a chart from.

I am running on a wordpress platform.

Gomar, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As long as the other website provides the data, it shouldn't be hard at all. Haven't looked into it, but I'm sure there exist chart-plugins for WP. As long as you can fetch the data from the site, and output it in something the plugin can understand, then it should be fairly straight forward. You might need to write a parsing script, and you might have to call that script manually (something like: you load a WP-page, that WP-page uses Ajax or similar tech to invoke the parser-script, which calls the API on the other site, fetches the data, and outputs whatever charts have been chosen). It's not that hard to set up, but again, it all depends on what data you receive, what you need to do with that data, and what capabilities you have as a coder, or if you find a plugin that does what you need.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 5, 2017 IP
    Gomar likes this.