1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions about Item Dispute Procedure

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by HRA, Aug 24, 2017.

Hi,

Recently I bought a server from a Web Hosting Provider and when there were 07 days left, Provider terminated my account WITHOUT mentioning any reason or sending any notice. So I filed a dispute under "Item dispute: I did not receive an item I purchased or the item I received is significantly not as described" on 23.08.2017.

In the meantime I tried to work it out with the provider. But he scolded me in foul language and deleted my account in WHMCS.

Then I instantly escalated the claim on the same day and mentioned above in the message to PayPal. I did this before receiving any reply from the Provider "to the Resolution Center".

PayPal asks Provider to reply before 02.09.2017.

So here are my questions.
    01. If provider doesn't reply on or before Sept. 02; will I get the money I paid in full?

02. Assuming claim is not ecalated yet;
    a) When I file a dispute, how many days does PayPal give Seller to reply?
    b) If Seller doesn't reply before due date, do I get the money I paid in full?

Thanks for answers in advance.

HRA, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If the seller doesn't reply to your claim at all there's a 99.9% chance you will get your money back. As far as the time-table it should be outlined somewhere in your claim. If I am not mistaken it's 20 days for a dispute and 10 days for a claim.

qwikad.com, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  3. HRA

HRA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer about claim. I know about the time period of claim. Seller has 10 days to reply.
    I didn't know the time frame of dispute.

Just to clarify, after I file a "dispute" and seller doesn't reply at all for 20 days and I/ Buyer doesn't escalate it to a claim; I get the money back WITHOUT any intervention from PayPal staff OR case will be closed?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    HRA, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Since it's all hypothetical, I can only give you a hypothetical answer. I won a few disputes/claims when the seller didn't respond. So if the seller doesn't respond to your dispute after 20 days, then somebody from PayPal will look into the dispute and decide the outcome. I don't believe disputes/claims get closed without PayPal reps first looking into them. Although it always makes me wonder how they do that, since they probably have to settle tens of thousands of disputes/claims every single day.

qwikad.com, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  5. HRA

HRA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

HRA, Aug 24, 2017 IP