1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we hide backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by agarwalpiyush116, Aug 14, 2017.

Anyone know about to hide your backlinks so that competitor would not be able to see to spy it such as ahrefs or any tools !?

agarwalpiyush116, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how to hide links but believe me spying on competitors link is not helpful. So, I don't think that your competitor will be interested on the list of sites your site is linking to. Come on it's 2017 already you need to improve your technique. Focus on your target audience.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  3. biGGunz

biGGunz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @agarwalpiyush116 sure, you can block the crawlers of all the top backlink research tools. There are also WP plugins for this, I remember SpiderSpanker I don't know if it's active, however there are other plugins as well. You can do it manually by editing robots.txt and htacces (or the other alternative depends on the server software), googel it.

biGGunz, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  4. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of Course disallow certain bots using robots.txt file and U can also use .htaccess file to block certain website bots to access your website.

Arun Kumar Soni, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  5. Technomahik

Technomahik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kindly please read carefully, he is talking about backlinks, not website. No one can hide backlinks through this trick. It's just to stop crawling specific area on your site.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Technomahik, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  6. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What ahrefs can do?
    To extract backlinks of website, if used for Back link extraction purpose.

Ok, Do one thing There are bots of such back linking extraction tools... Block these Bots.

These are famous tools 10-20.

Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  7. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few ways to do this, and it all depends on the type of link going back to your site. If the link is on your personal network then you are going to want to make sure that the tools don’t find the entire website. In this scenario you will own the website that is linking back to you, so you have control over the robots.txt file. This is the file that bots check before they crawl a website in order to see if they are allowed on it. While most guides out there will give you a list of bots to disallow, you will never get them all. For this reason I choose to disallow them all, only letting the good bots in

Guitar Prince, Oct 14, 2017 IP
  8. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I use a plugin for wordpress called Spyderspanker and it works a treat.

shaun-m, Oct 18, 2017 IP
  9. Wrathia

Wrathia Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, if you use the plugin to block bots who monitor backlinks, don't you block the Google's bot too?

Wrathia, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  10. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few ways to do this, and it all depends on the type of link going back to your site. If the link is on your personal network then you are going to want to make sure that the tools don’t find the entire website. In this scenario you will own the website that is linking back to you, so you have control over the robots.txt file. This is the file that bots check before they crawl a website in order to see if they are allowed on it. While most guides out there will give you a list of bots to disallow, you will never get them all. For this reason I choose to disallow them all, only letting the good bots in. Here is what you put in a robots.txt file:

User-Agent: *
    Disallow: /
    User-Agent: Googlebot
    Allow: /
    User-Agent: Googlebot-Mobile
    User-Agent: Googlebot-Image
    User-Agent: Mediapartners-Google
    User-Agent: Adsbot-Google
    User-Agent: Slurp
    User-Agent: msnbot
    User-Agent: msnbot-media
    User-Agent: Teoma

Have fun!

wanessmark, Oct 28, 2017 IP
  11. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    Back links are very important aspect for ranking after the quality content. When a marketer has a decent post, then there is a chance to capture the competetor's back link.

K Padmapriya, Nov 6, 2017 IP
  12. arkinfo

arkinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to improve your technique. Focus on your target audience.

arkinfo, Apr 28, 2019 IP
  13. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread, but since @arkinfo resurrected it, I will post my two cents worth even though the OP will probably never see it.

If you are focusing on the COMPETITORS, you are NOT focusing on your CUSTOMERS. Take care of your CUSTOMERS and your COMPETITORS will be a NON-ISSUE.

Resurrecting dead threads is a good way to get censured or even banned for adding SPAM to the forums. Comment on CURRENT threads or better yet START YOUR OWN THREAD. The forums always need new 'blood' to replace those that leave.

mmerlinn, May 4, 2019 IP