1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I move to WordPress without loosing traffic and backlinks

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by TrafficLord, Jul 27, 2017.

Hello all, I started my blog on blogger, now traffic has gone up on the website.

How do I move to WordPress in order to start building email list and branding .

Please, help me. I don't wanna loose backlinks and traffic.

The blog is BetaHowto

TrafficLord, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just make sure all of your pages are located at the same links. If the links change, you will lose your backlinks and much of your traffic.

mmerlinn, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  3. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the fact that I can not find it in Google, I guess there's not much to worry about? :D

Start with Wordpress. Close the structure/links w/ an example article or similar and then do the full move.

Blank ™, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you search WITHOUT the quotes, which 99% of people do, you're on page 9 of the search results. That is about as close to "not found" you can get. So no, I wouldn't really worry that much. Not to mention that the link that shows up as the first result on Google (on page 9) leads to a non-existing page. So... nah. Don't worry about it.

Your blog, due to the name, mostly (very generic, leads to a lot of false hits), doesn't really show up unless you put it in quotes when searching. Noone does that, unless they know what they're doing, hence... no loss.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As mentioned try and keep the same URL structure otherwise you will need to redirect the old URLs to the new URLs.

dcristo, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i dont know if its easy to move all content from bloger to wordpress to not afect your seo .My advice its to let that bloger blog and start creating other content on wordpress

Spartan14, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  8. Jared Goss

Jared Goss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep the same URL structure for the most part. There are also plugins for Wordpress that can help you with redirects if you absolutely need to change your URL structure. That way, every link will still lead back to a page on your site and not a 404. Download your current sitemap and go through it like a check list after you launch your new site.

Jared Goss, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  9. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    salmanshafiq, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  10. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's almost impossible. As blogger is not self hosted blog, you can't either change too much things there. All backlinks will be lost too.

One way to get your old visitors: .. You can put a new link on each page of old sites to direct visitors to your new site.

atsad, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  11. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you update your blogger blog with your URL then all old URL will be auto redirected to you URL and you have to wait about 4 months so google will update your links etc. and then you can easily use redirection to move to wordpress .. otherwise there is no way...

salmanshafiq, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  12. tradesouthwest

tradesouthwest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't. Don't use WordPress for your site since you are at least on page 9 you can optimize the existing site ans use WP on a subdomain to create memberships or whatever else you need to do. This very forum is on a subdomain and rightly so due to the fact that it uses a database. anytime you load WP your urls go to .php files and G will give you hundreds of bad links reported. There is a way to build a site and then wget the whole site with .html extension but the url are still broken links unless you change them manually.

so my advice is HTML5, semantics and H tags as well as screenreaders; then build the new part in a blog subdomain which will give you MORE internal links.

tradesouthwest, Nov 12, 2017 IP