1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change page background color with custom image layout

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by digitaluser_1, Aug 16, 2017.

Hello. I have a small wordpress blog running a simple theme called twenty-sixteen and I would like to change the pages background color with a custom image as the layout. I have no experience in coding so I have no idea how to do it. If it's not too complicated to do I'd like to know how. Thank you.

digitaluser_1, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm first and foremost slightly confused - do you want to change the background color or add a background image? Because those are two different things. I haven't looked at the Twenty Sixteen theme, but usually, if you want to assign different settings per page, for instance, you would create subthemes (basically just the different setting(s) you want to change) in a sub-theme CSS-file, and apply that to the specific pages in the admin-interface. There are plugins for WP that lets you do this for each page (sorry, I don't know their names, nor if they're "safe", ie updated and checked).

PoPSiCLe, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  3. digitaluser_1

digitaluser_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to set an image so the layout of the site would be on top of it, not a border background behind the page. Sorry if I'm not expressing myself correctly.

4. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No need to change codes.
    Just login wordpress as Administrator; click Appearance > Customize > Background Image
    then change image as you wish.

atsad, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  5. digitaluser_1

digitaluser_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks but I was referring to something else. I'll just stick to what I know.