1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't install Viglink on my Wix website

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by StefanoSgueglia, Aug 11, 2017.

Hello to everybody,
    I am trying to install Viglink on my Wix website but for unknown reasons I can't make it. I use the app HTML/iFRAME on Wix to simply copy and paste the Viglink but it doesn't connect. The Viglink code is in Javascript language and HTML/iFRAME app on Wix said HTTPS only. I doubt about the compatibility. I can copy and paste Amazon affiliate links and of other products, including display ads banner but I can't make work Viglink. I am not upgraded yet on Wix and therefore I don't have yet my own domain. Can be a reason of the problem? Is there a work around to make Viglink connected to my Wix website?

Thank you very much in advance and I am waiting for an answer.

StefanoSgueglia, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are likely butting heads with the cross-site security policy built into most browsers -- if ANYTHING on your site is sent via HTTPS, it ALL has to be https.

To that end you cannot put an iframe pointing at a HTTPS site into an iframe on a HTTP site, NOR can you putt a HTTP site into an IFRAME on a HTTPS one.

It's an all or nothing deal. You can't just mix-and-match.

deathshadow, Aug 12, 2017 IP
  3. StefanoSgueglia

StefanoSgueglia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for answer me deathshadow,

I have then just to forget for the moment Viglink because of its incompatible language with the wix website.

I am so unlucky sometime! Well, good to know anyway. When I will start my next website will be with wordpress then ahaha!

Thanks again and I wish you all the best

StefanoSgueglia, Aug 12, 2017 IP