1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change Title and Meta Description - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eFusion World, May 19, 2017.

Hello,

I had been trying to change the Title and Meta Description of my website targeted at the keywords that I expect it to be ranked high. The results are rather good since the ranked increased. So, just wondering if it is good or bad to change the title and meta description all the time. Any idea, please suggest.

eFusion World, May 19, 2017 IP
  2. FalcoMark

FalcoMark Member

Best Answers:
    Try to get Google or whatever search engine to crawl your site. I wouldn't change too often because its hard to measure your results. I don't think you are penalized though by changing often.

FalcoMark, May 20, 2017 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you think you can improve on your title, absolutely yes, go ahead and change it. Then "Fetch" the updated, uploaded page in your Google Webmaster Tools. Meta Descriptions are less important. But if you can rewrite them to be more descriptive and appealing, then sure, go ahead and change them.

Jim4767, May 20, 2017 IP
  4. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    I change mine all the time and have never had any ill effect.

I use meta descriptions to attract traffic as that is what is seen in the serps results. I sell physical products on several sites and use the meta description to advertise offers.

Don't keyword stuff in your title though as it won't help. Try and make sure you have the same (or similar) keyword in your H1 too.

Nick Chernets, May 20, 2017 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. ahmedsheeraz

ahmedsheeraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Meta description is certainly an important factor getting good position in search engine results pages (SERPS).
    Instead of writing a catchy description, write an objective-driven or problem solving description, this will give viewers a reason to click.

ahmedsheeraz, May 22, 2017 IP
  6. Edtech

Edtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I dont suggest you to do that. You should not change the title and meta description in short duration. As your keywords are getting rank so don't modify atlease 6 month but cross check duplicate meta in your website.

Edtech, May 23, 2017 IP
  7. buysoundcloudlikes

buysoundcloudlikes Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't do that. Your website is already crawled in the search engines. If you change meta description or title, maybe site ranking will be down.

buysoundcloudlikes, May 23, 2017 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Changes in the meta title and description has no major effect in rankings like the other members here has stated above. It will be a signal but not as a basis to improve your rankings.

KylieSweet, May 25, 2017 IP
  9. KhushiRathore

KhushiRathore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Frequently changing title tag as a good practice… I don’t think so! I mean it’s good to change when you think the changed title can better tell search engine and users about the website but changing it frequently to get SEO boom… I don’t think it works!

KhushiRathore, May 25, 2017 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you change the title tag or meta description for the better, your ranking is likely to go up, not down. The key is "for the better."

Jim4767, May 25, 2017 IP
  11. paulclark

paulclark Member

Best Answers:
    If your web page is not ranked in search engine and if you are not getting CTR for particular web page so, you can change meta title and description for that web page otherwise you don’t need to change title & meta description.

paulclark, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  12. Pawansharma

Pawansharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    First check your webmaster tool if your website get good amount of traffic then don't change your meta title and description if you change it then may be your traffic down or if your website traffic is not good then you can change title and description accordingly.

Pawansharma, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  13. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If polished and ameliorated, your changed meta title and description could definitely benefit your ranking.

Gosuperb, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  14. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well be very carefuly as you can derank doing it or you can rank make also a crawl to google to anounce them

Spartan14, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  15. Md. Faruk Khan

Md. Faruk Khan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, if you change it after every 3-4 days or a week then it’s absolutely not a good idea. Because when you change your Title or Meta description, every time you need to Fetch it in Google Search Console.

But, Yes after publishing your content, if it’s not performing well then you should change your Title and Meta.

Why so, because Title and meta is the main two elements that will help you to increase your website CTR (Click Through Rate).

Also, if your content it old and not get much visitors then you should try those techniques and regenerate your traffic.

Md. Faruk Khan, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  16. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    Those days meta description have no direct impact on ranking

bobestes, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  17. Kenneth K.Gidley

Kenneth K.Gidley Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good but keep in your mind, when the day you change your meta and title, your ranking will be decrease for 1 to 3 days then it will return on top again.

Kenneth K.Gidley, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  18. eFusion World

eFusion World Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for a suggestion...

eFusion World, Aug 18, 2017 IP