1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP Mafia Game Script

Discussion in 'PHP' started by PhantomCookies, Jul 27, 2017.

Was wondering if anyone had a CLEAN and working PHP mafia/gangster game script. I know they are old and may seem outdated, but I have some ideas and would like to work with a script.

If anyone have one to give or for sale, please contact me. Provide examples please.

P.S. if a programmer is willing to go on a rev-share partnership to get this game done, please let me know as well!

PhantomCookies, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very dated. I'm not sure if it would do well these days. Why????

NetStar, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  3. PhantomCookies

PhantomCookies Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to run these types of games in the past (with pre-made/open source scripts of course. no programming skills). I want to run one again mainly as a learning/hobby project. I also know I can get players to the game. I guess I just have the nostalgia and want to run one of these games like the past and kind of see how it plays out.

PhantomCookies, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  4. PhantomCookies

PhantomCookies Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, and it doesn't necessarily have to be PHP. I heard that language is a bit obsolete now lol. So if something is more modern I'm willing to consider it.

PhantomCookies, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm... what? PHP is not "obsolete". It's become quite modern with the latest releases, and it's still one of the most used server-side languages on the web, mostly because EVERY host (apart from the crappiest "free" hosts) can run PHP. Apache, IIS, Node... they can all run PHP.
    Yes, there are newer, more flashy languages you can use, most of them have some basis in Javascript in different forms, but finding the right language for your task might take a bit of consideration - there are different benefits / cons to every language, really.
    But there is no reason not to chose PHP, if all you wanna do is set up a game (you will of course need a front-end, which will most likely be using javascript anyway, though).

PoPSiCLe, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  6. PhantomCookies

PhantomCookies Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh I see. I've gotten mixed feedback on PHP. But back when I managed these games in the past the source codes used PHP/MySQL and like you said JS/HTML/CSS for the front end.

I wish I could find a script nowadays. I found a few sources but their completely broken lol.

I guess ill continue the search for a script. Can't afford to hire anyone at the moment

PhantomCookies, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, sorry, I cannot help you there, unfortunately.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  8. PhantomCookies

PhantomCookies Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know where I can contract someone to get this created?

PhantomCookies, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  9. Walnut Host

Walnut Host Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man, with a quick google search, there is http://ravan.info/ , they are selling the game script for $20, they have a working Live demo too!

Walnut Host, Aug 20, 2017 IP