1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for talented writers/authors for our US news blog

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AGKnow, Jun 16, 2017.

We are continuously looking for talented writers for our US celebrity news blog!

We have open positions to cover US afternoon shift 2:00PM - 10:00PM PST (US Pacific Standard Time) to write news directly in WordPress.

At least 4+ 300+ word articles per day 6-7 days a week.

Must be native English speaker, 100% grammar, 100% copyscape! Long term relationship!

If you are interested please PM your rate and availability.

We offer competitive pay to qualified writers.

Alex

AGKnow, Jun 16, 2017 IP
  2. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I worked with this client for about 2 months and always had positive experiences, with prompt payment, and a helpful, proactive - yet fair editor. I had to stop because of time-zone differences, but definitely recommend this Client to any native writers that are serious about producing quality content, and being paid for that quality. Outside of Mr. Muhammad spamming his email address above on this thread, hopefully my post isn't deleted again for leaving honest, accurate, and helpful feedback regarding experiences in working with this client? And no, the OP did not request for me to post here. I actually haven't spoken to OP in several months now.

wco, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi mate have written for you but still awaiting payment. Kindly send your payment through and give me another assignment.

Cheers!

Mike.

Mkcoy, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  4. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will just state that I have returned to work for this client, and payment was always promptly done every Sunday as agreed prior to work together. I have worked for this client nearing a year now, and it can be verified by seeing my blog posts per the website. William Copper

wco, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah well he's not responding to me. I don't appreciate having my time wasted doing work and not getting paid for it. You could just be a shill before all we know.

Mkcoy, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  6. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry to hear that, but as I said I've done plenty of work for him and his team, and you can verify my work on the celebrity news blog per my full name, which is also my university email address - William Copper.

With all due respect, as far as I know, you could be a troll, or an unhappy writer that was let go for inadequate work performance, or maybe you guys had a disagreement - and now you're trying to degrade the integrity of OP here by posting these remarks or complaints. So, likewise, I am entitled to post my feedback, and recent experiences with this client as well - for the entire public DP community - as well as those unregistered alike to see.

For the record, I recently surrendered my role on his blog, because I have too much work and am currently working on my master thesis project which is consuming too much time. Best. William

wco, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  7. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not a troll lol.. And I'd doubt very much I'd be "let go" for "inadequate work performance". I'm a damned good writer and have a lot of happy clients. To be honest mate, I just like to get paid for my time and work that I was told I was going to get paid for and not have to keep chasing people up for it you know? Or just for some kind of response to know I'm being heard. I'm not even going to bother anymore. It's just wasting my time. And as you know, time is very precious. That much I can respect. Cheers! And good luck with your thesis!

Mkcoy, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  8. SWY

SWY Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How do I contact the OP? I would like to work with them, but now I'm doubtful after reading Mkcoy's post. I would like to suggest you charge upfront, 50%. That's how I do it.

SWY, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  9. SWY

SWY Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Alex, can you share an email address so we can contact you?

SWY, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  10. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've sent him multiple messages on here and haven't been contacted back by him.

I think he's asking people to write for him which he says will be paid but then doesn't pay you and keeps the content?

The other guy says he's worked for him in the past so I don't know how true that is.

But as of yet, still no response from him.

You can't mess people about like that man.

Not unless you've been kidnapped by aliens or fallen down a large and deep hole... lol..

Mkcoy, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  11. SWY

SWY Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's why I protect myself from this by charging up front or only doing 1 test article and then expecting payment. That guy claims he worked with the OP but you can't believe everything you read evidently. So sad

SWY, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  12. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    Per screenshot above, like I said, OP/this client always paid promptly for my work, as well as for work last year. I've never had any issues with him like this, and remain puzzled because of all clients this is the last, of my two years of writing, that I would ever expect not to pay a writer.

Also, they've added incentives for bloggers, included an instant-increased salary rate, bonuses, and at one point I made much more than $6 per article! It is what it is, and that's the truth.

OP does have very high standards though for writers, and it takes time to get the work done precisely perfect for the site. As I said, you can see my work on the site under my handle/name: William Copper

I've posted this screenshot, as well as my replies because I can. It's not about accusing others of lying, but rather confirming for other (interested) writers that the OP does/has indeed always paid me for my work on his site, and on time like clockwork.

At a minimum, considering the responses to this thread, statistically speaking, there is a presumed at least 50% probability that OP will pay, and writers have a right to know that when deciding whether or not they'd like to work for this client. :)

Also, this DP handle is the owner, and business conducted is done with the Editor directly - or at least was for me - which is why I don't think they come on DP often.

OP, please feel free at any time to ask me to take down the screenshot, I blocked personal details out when I edited the photo. Thanks! Best. William

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    wco, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  13. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah just to let you know I've been paid now. He said he was out for a couple of weeks. But yeah, he's paid me now so it's all good! :)

Just need him to send me some more writing tasks now! :D

Cheers all!

Mike.

Mkcoy, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  14. Alex1271

Alex1271 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Could be interested, what's the payment rate?

Alex1271, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  15. SWY

SWY Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry, $6 an article? The standard rate is a minimum of $25 to $30 per post. Still, I don't think the guy claiming he's not getting paid isn't true. You may both be right, that's for sure. But it's not unheard of that clients stop responding or paying writers, which is why everything has to be discussed beforehand and you must always charge 50% upfront. Good luck guys

SWY, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  16. Alex1271

Alex1271 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alex what's your contact email address, alternatively email me

Alex1271, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  17. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey girl, as I said I got paid now. :) And sure, but it's only 500 words. That's not bad for such easy content to write. I get what you're saying by charging half up front but that's only really for new clients / large orders? Later on down the line you would probably get paid up front all the time or guaranteed after. I have some long time clients that pay me up front most times but sometimes I tell them to pay me after. But that's just how smooth partnerships go for clients that always need fresh content and you have a long running partnership with them like that. I just want this client to order from me like he did with wco! :D

Mkcoy, Aug 3, 2017 IP
    wco likes this.
  18. SWY

SWY Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    500 words = $25 to $30 in my world. I wouldn't write 6 words for $6 dollars. If you're a native english speaker, don't charge so little. It doesn't matter if it's easy or not. My "easy" simple articles cost that much. I would charge $50 to $100 for intricate work. Anyways, good luck!

SWY, Aug 4, 2017 IP
  19. Tabathia A Gauthier

Tabathia A Gauthier Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Im writing to find out information on the articles that you need written for you..

Tabathia A Gauthier, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  20. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm confident that the majority of writers here would not share your opinion.
    Also, not everyone has the same necessary financial requirements per cost of living, or lifestyle as you. William

wco, Aug 6, 2017 IP