1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the latest trend?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eric_wahlberg, Jul 10, 2017.

In your opinion, which one is more beneficial?

Developing a Mobile APP
    or
    Developing a Website.

Please tell your views on it.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Developing a responsive website, which basically gives you both (of course, it depends on what you expect it to serve).

Blank ™, Jul 10, 2017 IP
    tradester likes this.
  3. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    As Blank said, build a responsive site, it's not complicated with today's tools.

Bielefelder, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Beneficial to the user or to you?

Apps are used by people who are already committed to what you are offering unless it's a game or a utility.
    Websites are great for everyone but are the only way you will reach new users.

Without knowing your niche, your budget, your business plan it's impossible to give more targetted advice

sarahk, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think @sarahk hit the nail on the head. Apps are useful to someone who is already committed to using what you are offering. Every web site should be optimized for mobile accessibility but not every web site requires a mobile app.

NetStar, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  6. fuadgealova

fuadgealova Member

Best Answers:
    Developing a Mobile APP with admob meybe good idea

fuadgealova, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Webmasters have been developing websites since the 90s. I would hardly call it one of the latest trends lol.

dcristo, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  8. Grace the Face

Grace the Face Peon

Best Answers:
    Apps might be in the new market, but they all fade from memory really quick. I love getting new little games and checking new apps, but I usually delete them within a couple months. Websites tend to stand as a foundation for future development. Just my thoughts.

Grace the Face, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  9. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way to say straight which will be more beneficial as it depends from many factors. Which is the niche, what is the search volume for both desktop and mobile? You have to clear a lot of factors and to have a clear idea what are you going to do, in order to say which will be the best solution.

Allen James, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  10. Kyle Ochoa

Kyle Ochoa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think along with what everyone else said being genuine is a huge part of gaining people's trust if they want to decipher what someone is saying they would go to mainstream media

Kyle Ochoa, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  11. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    Start with a website, and when that website has a following, expand to an app. Mobile devices are the future of content, but you still need a good website to represent and host information about your service or app.

thebrandman, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  12. evanmintz12

evanmintz12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello! So, I will answer with the cliche "it depends". What is that you want to achieve for example? Apps are a great means of direct communication with the user. The problem is how you acquire the users (convince them to download your app). Now according to the literature, based on usage frequency, there are different kinds of apps (entertainment, utility etc) and you definitely want to know them so that you will choose the ideal according to your goals. From a convenience point of view having a responsive website is of course far easier (building it, updating it etc etc). Skimming the first page of Google with the keyword "difference between a website and an app" also gave me a nice blog post from Human Service Solutions which i believe will cover you completely on the matter. I am a new member and with this "Peon" thing i feel like i am not a part of the community yet so if you feel like and want me to continue posting stuff, show me some love.. :)

evanmintz12, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  13. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can develop a site optimized for mobile as many people search thought theyr phone these days

Spartan14, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  14. j a m i e

j a m i e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi @eric_wahlberg,

I would say a responsive website design is more beneficial. The majority of sites don't even need mobile apps.

One day I'll be a well-know member (~:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
    j a m i e, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  15. Pawansharma

Pawansharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's depends on your business and services that you provided.

Both website and mobile app have their own value so according to me both are useful to grow your business.

Pawansharma, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  16. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Developing an app and developing a website are two different things. One is a product, while the other can be a vehicle for a product. It will depend on what is your goal then. But then it would be good to first develop the app, and then make a website to feature the app.

Milliardo, Aug 1, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.