1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it easier to rank for Bing?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by WareBehr, Jun 21, 2017.

Today, I connected the DP rank checker tool to check my SERPs with Google, and noticed a checkbox for Bing, so I clicked it.

A little bit of history on the website I am checking:
    -It is 2 months old, fresh domain
    -I have been link building, getting guest posts, and steadily adding content
    -4 social media accounts with a total of about 8k followers

I have been checking the SERPs for my main keyword on Google for a while, watching it fluctuate from position 92, to the 40s, then back up to 80s, then back to the 90s. The rank was in the 40s one week where there was a lot of traffic from facebook.

I had never checked Bing before today, as I really only cared for Google. And now I think I may have inadvertently discovered a better way to drive traffic to my site.

Today I checked my SERPs with the DP tool, to find that Google isn't ranking my site anymore, but it is position 6 on Bing. WOW! All this hard work to try and rank for Google, to be unranked after a week of low traffic (due to no content being spread).

So, is it easier to rank for Bing?

I would say yes considering my efforts.

WareBehr, Jun 21, 2017 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly compared to Google, it is easier to rank in Bing and this is due to their differences in ranking metrics.

KylieSweet, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think its easier in terms of competition .Google its a huge search engine and has wayyy more sites than bing

Spartan14, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Spartan14 makes a valid point here. When it comes to competition, it should technically be easier to rank well on Bing than Google. Most people do their SEO with Google in mind and therefore forget Bing. You could take advantage of this.

MrKing01, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    others may disagree, if you expect to survive on seo, then you most likely will not be able to without google traffic, as
    google provides far more traffic then bing, msn, and yahoo combined (most likely) I have never heard anyone ever
    saying that bing search has paid for their vacation, and I suspect bing traffic will be negligible compared to google...

as to why you are not ranking in google is a another story; your site is less then two months old, and normally, it
    can take as long as six months to come out of the sandbox, and some people think that is a myth, and it can
    take up to 1-2 years for your site to really take off the ground (depends on niche, competition, etc...)

and there is no way to separate SEO between Google, Bing, MSN, they are all working off
    the same SEO practices that you are applying on your site. Just sit tight, and keep doing what
    you are doing, and if you are not violating any google guidelines, then google will kick in at some point....

I have setup a 5yr old domain, and I instructed WP not to index all my demo/junk content, and guess
    what, all my demo/junk got indexed, however, my domain has age, and some authority....
    and your two month domain holds nothing over my 5yr domain, however, at the end of the
    day, you are just going to have to give it time, let your domain age more, and get better
    backlinks few at a time. Google is in no hurry for you to get to the top, and
    because of spam, you have to earn your way up the ladder, no free rides...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    dscurlock, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  6. ak8950

ak8950 Member

Best Answers:
    I find it's A LOT easier. I just started a site 3 months ago and I'm already on the top page with a few keywords. As well as Yahoo. I hope to land on Google sometime soon

ak8950, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  7. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Bing many people uses bing search engine as compare to the Google

Arun Kumar Soni, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  8. hewta

hewta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, definitely it is easier but you will only get 10-15% of the traffic you could get from google, so I would definitely try focusing on google if you want a better reach. It is also easier to rank on Bing because most people do not care about ranking there.

hewta, Aug 28, 2017 IP