1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress Help

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Linjoy, Jul 22, 2017.

Hi everyone, newbie need help, I'm so excited to start my blog, but I'm getting confused on how to design WordPress blog, also I don't know which is the best hosting company to choose. Please don't recommend any hosting provider so you can get the commission from them; I mean only serious people. Thank you.

Linjoy, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  2. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lot of theme available for free & by paying some little. You host your website on Namecheap shared hosting or Hostgator.

Furquan Ahmed, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  3. Linjoy

Linjoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Am getting confused on how to design /set WordPress. About web hosting as I was trying to research I found Hostgator with bad reviews do you have any experience with them?

Linjoy, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Farquan mentioned you need to choose a theme for your WP site. The theme and various plugins determine the look and function of your pages. In your dashboard go to Appearance and click on Add Theme. You'll see a list of themes that are available from WordPress Org. Look them over and find one that appeals to you. You can also do a search for WordPress themes and find some that you can buy.

As far as Hostgator, I used them at one time. I left them because I wasn't personally happy with their customer support. I prefer Namecheap and I also use Lifetime Hosting. Lifetime only has half the storage space that Namecheap has though. I currently have around 7 domains hosted with Lifetime with no storage problems. I did get close to my maximum at one point though and had to remodel some of the sites so if you go with Lifetime you need to keep that in mind. In my opinion, Namecheap has very good support. Lifetime's support is pretty good too.

I do have affiliate links available by PM for both.

JoeSpirit, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  5. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used past but now I am using Namecheap hosting.

Here is what I am talking about if your going to host your blog on WordPress.com
    https://wordpress.com/themes/

OR
    You host your blog on your own hosting server then here,
    https://wordpress.org/themes/

Furquan Ahmed, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  6. Linjoy

Linjoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay thank you so much.
    Do you know how Siteground hosting work? Or how can you compare Namecheap with Siteground

Linjoy, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  7. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    locals, Jul 23, 2017 IP
  8. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its to much for a member to explain you all process .Instead youtube provideo you with all necasarly tutorials

Spartan14, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd look for a local company in Kenya - you'll probably get a better deal and exactly the same service.

As for the design, use a free theme, consider how easily you can get a supporting image to go with each post. If it will be tricky choose a theme that is less image dense, if taking photos is something you do all the time then choose a theme that is image dense. Play around with them, learn how each designer builds in flexibility to their designs.

sarahk, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  10. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you do a search for 'Wordpress Hosting', Find a host that is good for your blog, Space, bandwidth, price and so on, Once you have wordpress installed, you can search or browse free themes within the backend.

J

phplduser, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  11. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you find the hosting provider you are looking for or still searching, for worpdress most of the companies will offer one click installer for wordpress and its quit easy to buy a theme from themeforest and get it update on your wordpress blog to get it started quickly.

webhost.uk.net, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  12. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is the best option for WordPress or anything to do with hosting

locals, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  13. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please search free themes on google there are 1000+ available... select a theme and install wordpress and install wordpress theme and your website will be ready.

For hosting you can check hostgator ... I think it's the best hosting ..

salmanshafiq, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  14. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Host gator has restrictive tlds... it's better to start with a larger, more reputable company, like godaddy.

That way you don't have to transfer your stuff over to them later... once you find out they are far more superior and easier to use. On top of that, they have more clients, so if you ever do a domain transfer, or receive one, it will be quicker

locals, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  15. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is great and better than Hostgator... But Hostgator is good as well and cheapest as well...

salmanshafiq, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  16. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For best web hosting for WordPress I would suggest you to go with Siteground or Dreamhost. Both are one of the best WordPress hosting provider. For WordPress theme I would recommend you to use premium themes. You can use genesis Framework or Mythemeshop.

iwebsocial, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  17. Content_Ninja

Content_Ninja Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend you choose NameCheap

Content_Ninja, Oct 9, 2017 IP