1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie here looking for some advice! :)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Scarlett95, Jul 10, 2017.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I’m considering joining the AF world and was hoping you guys would be able to help me out. When you first started out, what was most difficult for you? For me, whilst i’m starting out, i’m getting stuck in analysis paralysis at times and end up not being sure where to begin! Also, how easy/quickly can I lose money when an ad goes bad? I’ve read about other people finding working with a budget pretty difficult at the start. Can you guys advise me on what else could set me back or has set you back before, and is there anything I can do to prevent or overcome them? Its a pretty daunting thought of finding a way to be able to run profitable campaigns again and again.

Finally, do you know of any good social media places, blogs or youtube channels fellow AFers hang out? I’m setting out on this path as a woman in her early 20s and I’m not sure where I can find other people like me in the AF world.

Thank you

Libby

Scarlett95, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  2. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Libby :)

I'm also new to the affiliate marketing world so I can't answer all of your questions as I'm here to learn as well but what I can advise you to begin developing content in your niche. This content needs to provide some type of value. People want to buy something because they have a problem that they want a solution to. If you can express to them that you understand their problem and provide valuable information regarding the problem they will come to trust you and your expertise in this area. People buy from people that they trust, so after you have established this trust inform them that you have a solution to their problem and make them an offer.

The best way to develop trust is through building an email list. You do this by driving people to a landing page where you ask them to enter their email address, once you have their email address you can send them emails with offers. You then begin to send them your value content. Content curation is an important part of this strategy. I would suggest googling list building and content marketing to get more info.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Dennielle Lee, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  3. MmmcFlyyyy

MmmcFlyyyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good post, and I agree especially with the first paragraph. Choose your niche, start creating good content and always keep yourself focused on providing some good quality info that people will trust and find helpful. Like what Dennielle did with here post :)

That's foundation for your work, from there you have millions of other details you need to work on, but you will catch it up along the way.

MmmcFlyyyy, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  4. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks :) You're so right there are so many details to pick up along the way! It's a bit overwhelming at times but I've found the key things to remember in the beginning are develop valuable content and adopt a giving mindset, it's not about what you want but what others want and are looking for, help them out and rewards will come! Also it's a long term game, not a quick path to riches so consistency is also key ;)

Dennielle Lee, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Concentrate on building an email list ,if you dont buil one you will lose majority of traffic .In general its hard without a list because for free traffic you must work hard everyday and its fustrating or you can buy traffic but its rosky and you can loose money .But with email list you have traffic at a push of a button

Spartan14, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  6. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes of course, the list! I'm still to set up my autoresponder but do know the importance of creating a list, thanks for the reminder, from what I've learnt it's the lifeblood of your business! :)

7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i am for at least 3 years on this field and unfortunately i dont build a list from begining ,big mistake .And see many experts on this field and majority of them concentrate on email list and make theyr big empire with list building

Spartan14, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  8. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes that's what I've heard as well - the money is in the list! It's the one thing that changes in algorithms can't take away from you as you have direct contact members of the list for, its your essentially your customer base.

9. Arthur Atkins

Arthur Atkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed. A solid email list establishes a direct line of communication between you and your customer base. Building a good list is definitely of the the priorities while still starting out.
    A good social media platform would be warriorforum, it's focused mainly on internet marketing so it's a really good place to meet people who are also just starting out like you or really experienced ones that could help by giving some tips and tricks.
    Good luck.

Arthur Atkins, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  10. samerhdid

samerhdid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hii Dennielle
    I really like your comment , I am newbie also , I want to learn affiliate marketing .
    What affiliate program you recommend to start ? And can you tall me how to get landing page to build my list ?
    Thanks

samerhdid, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  11. Tammy Edgerly

Tammy Edgerly Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree building a list is crucial for any online business. As well as building relationships. People want to buy from people and they have to trust you as a person and trust your giving them something of value.

Tammy Edgerly, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  12. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can build an email list you can generate traffic. However, make sure that the list only includes people who have opted-in. They have already shown an interest. To send emails without a clue of who are the recipients, will just waste your time. If you want to buy an email list there are two things to think about. 1. Let the seller send you proof that the emails are opted-in emails and not just harvested emails. 2. Ask the seller to send a sample of the emails. Then you know what you get if you buy the whole list.

MrKing01, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  13. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Libby,
    I've been involved with Affiliate Marketing for a number of years now and there are hurdles of course you need to get over, but it's not as daunting or confusing as it may appear to be. Here are some basic points that I've learned over the years:
    1. Get clear on your objectives. What are you promoting? Services, digital products, physical products, information products, etc.? Then really drill down on your niche. The more specific the better. For instance, say you're promoting a weight loss product. Okay, there are millions of weight loss products out there. Drill down. Weight loss products for women. Still a large playing field. Drill down further. Weight loss products for women who are under 30. This is better. How about weight loss products for women who are under 30 and who are business executives. Now you have a very well defined niche.
    2. What tools will you need? The basic tools you'll need are a sales funnel in order to capture leads and build your list. There are many available but one of the most respected is ClickFunnels. The basic service will run you around $90 @ month. Next you'll need an autoresponder. The two most commonly used autoresponders are AWebber and GetResponse. I've used both and they each will cost around $15 - $20 @month. You may also want a tracking service too. ClickMagick is what I use and this runs around $130 @ year.
    3. Strategy - Where can you learn strategies without the hype and constant sales pitches and promotions? There are a few great learning centers but one of the best that I have found is an organization called "TechAdemics". A great place to learn in depth eCommerce and Affiliate Marketing. But you can also learn a great deal from YouTube videos too.
    4. Social Media places - There are so many avenues available right now, SnapChat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and on and on. If you're looking for other people like you then with Facebook, it's just going to be through trial and error. If you search FB for topics you're interested in, you're bound to find fan pages that will appeal to you that you may want to join.

Lastly, I'm earning an income on line as an Affiliate Marketer through a couple of programs that I'm involved with. I generally don't promote my programs directly in this forum. But if you'd like to know what I'm involved with that's helping me to earn an income online, then PM me and I'll send you the information and you decide if this is of interest to you. Hopefully you found this information helpful. Take care!

Dana C. Beck, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  14. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Samer :) I've signed up to join a digital marketing education community and I am learning everything I know from there and I've also been doing quite a bit of research on affiliate marketing in the last few months. I'm just about to launch my first affiliate website/blog (very excited!) so I have been busy learning the ropes and working on this up to now. Unfortunately I haven't progressed to the stage of setting up my landing page yet but I do know that Wix provides free landing pages, might be worth checking out. The designs look very professional. You will need to connect your landing page to an email autoresponder such as Aweber so that you can begin communicating with your list. Focus on providing value to your list and speak to them like you would a friend. I would suggest watching Tony Robbins New Money Masters series on YouTube, he interviews some of the most successful internet marketers such as Frank Kern and they provide a lot of insight into how to be a successful internet marketer and most importantly how to communicate with your list. It might be a good idea to know how to write good copy, Joe Vitale's book Hypnotic Writing is a good place to start, I downloaded my copy online for free, just Google it. I hope this helps! Once I know more I'll message you any tips I find useful. Good luck ;)

Dennielle Lee, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  15. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Arthur :) I agree I've learnt a lot from Warrior Forum and I've only been there for a few weeks. Definitely worth joining!

16. Tammy Edgerly

Tammy Edgerly Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your website! I am fixing to launch my as well and so excited to start working on it. I feel AF marketing is a passion. I am always involved in training that will only help me grow even more as an AF marketer. I will check out that ebook as well. Love to see your site when its done.

Tammy Edgerly, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  17. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tammy! :) I'll definitely PM you a link to my site once it's completed so that you can check it out. I'd love to see yours too when it's finished. The book is great, definitely recommend it ;)

18. Tammy Edgerly

Tammy Edgerly Peon

Best Answers:
    That will be awesome. Yea I am gonna dive into the eBook tommorrow ;)

Tammy Edgerly, Jul 19, 2017 IP