1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Whole30 Program

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Will Laurence, Jul 11, 2017.

I could not find a fitness and nutrition section on the forums so I figured this would be the next best viable place for a thread like this.

I recently just finished doing my first Whole30... and I feel fantastic. If you are unaware what this is here is a quick outline: https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

I decided to do the Whole 30 for a number of reason, but above all I did it to deal with tendonitis I've had in my shoulder for the last 3 years. After just a few weeks into my 30 day challenge I my shoulder was feeling better than it has in years. I also had more energy throughout the day, slept better at night, and was no longer constantly craving my next meal. The headaches and neck aches I use to get after a long day at work no longer occur and all-in-all the normal aches and pains I thought were just a normal part of life are almost entirely gone. I can't remember a time in my adult life that I've ever felt this good on a regular basis.

I was just curious to know if anyone here has done or is planning on doing a whole 30?

Will Laurence, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've done similar plans but never signed up to an official program. The whole concept just makes sense, doesn't it? Definitely healthier when you stop eating processed foods.

sarahk, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  3. Will Laurence

Will Laurence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A few years ago I cut out refined and processed sugars as my first step on my escapade to healthy-eating. As I did more and more research I was amazed at the array of negative effects some other processed food can have when readily consumed. I discovered the paleo diet which I did for a little over a year. The whole30 is a little more strict in that is cuts out a lot of foods that aren't processed but have shown to cause problems in some people. At first reading the rules it might seem somewhat nonsensical but if one does ones research the science behind it is all there.

I don't endorse living life under a strict diet plan such as this one; I'm a realist and understand how important social eating can be. However the knowledge and understanding I've learned from doing regimens like this helps me make consciously better choices in day-to-day life.

Will Laurence, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The diet sounds interesting. Did you lose weight at the end of the 30 days? What happens once the 30 days are over?

jrbiz, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  5. Will Laurence

Will Laurence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I lost 19 lbs doing the diet though losing weight wasn't my intent going into it. That being said; the weight that I lost was almost entirely body fat. Going into the program my body fat was 23.5% (checked professionally with the use of skin-fold calipers). On day 31 my body fat was down to 12.3%.

As for the time following the program, the idea is that once you've finished your 30 days you are meant to slowly reintroduce the foods that were cut out to see and feel the effects they have on you as an individual. Since the diet restricts food that aren't necessarily problematic in all people the logic is that once you start reintroducing these you will have a better understanding of what should and what should not be a staple in your future dietary decisions.

I think, in the end, the program is more that just a fad-diet or a detox regimen. It's more of research project that ultimately leads to a better understanding of your personal relationship with food. It also does a great job in helping the average person understand the science behind food and the importance of knowing what exactly you are putting into your body.

Will Laurence, Jul 15, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I lost 15 pounds by reducing sodium in my diet. I count my sodium intake, once I reach 2,300mg. a day, I stop eating. If I'm hungry I simply eat sodium free fruit.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 15, 2017 IP