1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opinions on restarting an old website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by IsayHey, Jun 18, 2017.

Hi,

I've been looking to re-launch an old website that I had running back in the day, i'd probably look to re-use the same content besides some edits. What are people's opinions on this, has anyone here done something similar?

Obviously it goes without saying that i'd need to research into the niche again, making sure there is a viable approach to make the website successful.

Anyones opinion would be excellent!

Thanks.

IsayHey, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  2. ASinding

ASinding Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi IsayHey,

I've had good results with re-launching old websites before. Now your domain have some age which is only good.
    As long as your content is great and not rehashed stuff, I don't see any problems with that.

Best,
    Anders

ASinding, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  3. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is not bad idea specially when you have content why waste time to create new.

robert4u, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the things to think about is if it's even still relevant for you to restart it. If after your research you realize it's not, then it's best to just move on to another project. Or, if it's possible, you could use your old site to bring in something new.

Milliardo, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  5. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't actually got the domain anymore, however I have recently re-purchased it so it's sitting there aging now.

Im happy to do as much SEO etc to try and get it to where it needs to be so that isn't really an issue in this preliminary stage. In regards to the content, im actually planing on remastering each piece as im a bit wiser now (even though i'd still regard it as good content anyway) so hopefully this should give it a good initial kick.

Of course, I couldn't really agree more.

The plan was always to do research before going into it, it'd be pretty silly not to!

IsayHey, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  6. Nooha Haris

Nooha Haris Banned

Best Answers:
    It's good if the content and idea is suited to the new era.

Nooha Haris, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure that the content is relevant for a 2017 audience.

MrKing01, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  8. LonniesSmalley

LonniesSmalley Peon

Best Answers:
    Does the domain have any backlinks still? Do you still have the old content are will you be using the wayback machine? Also, is the content still relevant these days?

LonniesSmalley, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  9. msgreenpea1

msgreenpea1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi! This can produce great results, I actually like the idea of recycling your old content. But it would be best to make sure that the content is still relevant, this way your focus will just be with how you need to market it to get traffic.

msgreenpea1, Jul 10, 2017 IP