1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the real profit out of each sale I bring to eBay?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by MyLibary, Jul 8, 2017.

Hey guys,

On eBay page it says they pay about 50-70% - does it make any sense?
    Sounds bizarre to me, or I probably really misunderstood the page.

From people who's doing that, what is the real profit out of each sale?

Thanks a lot,
    Marco.

MyLibary, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blank ™, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have no clue where you are getting your information from or exactly what that information refers to.

Are you asking about eBay's profits? If so, check their balance sheet which should be easily available since they are a publicly traded entity.

Are you asking about what eBay pays the buyer or the seller? If so, the answer is NONE since eBay is not part of the transaction.

If you are asking about the GROSS profit of the sellers, then good luck finding a reasonable consistent answer.

If you are asking about the NET profit of the sellers, the same answer applies.

If you are asking about how much the sellers pay eBay, we again have the same answer.

Basically, your question is MEANINGLESS without proper parameters to judge it by.

As a former eBay seller, eBay was taking HALF of my GROSS, basically leaving my NET at ZERO after other costs. When eBay went to PayPal only, it was actually COSTING me money to sell on eBay. So, I quit selling there.

Instead, I developed my own website where I sell 10 times more every month without giving eBay or PP a single thin dime. Total cost of the site? About $40 per month. A LOT less than the HUNDREDS of dollare per month I was paying eBay for only 10% of the sales I now get. Getting off eBay made it possible to pay all of my bills via sales from the internet. Staying on eBay would have bankrupted me by now.

mmerlinn, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  4. MyLibary

MyLibary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Friendds,
    I'm talking about eBay EPN (the one you get profit out of every sale you refer)...

MyLibary, Jul 9, 2017 IP