1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    im still wondering if chrome really blocks popunder without flash/video/sound

chrome is going to block ad types which are listed in the betterads list
    but in the list and the description for pop-ups they only talk about pop-ups..there is nothing about popunders etc. also the descruption of pop-ups doenst say anything about pop-ups onclick..they talk about pop-ups which appear after page load..google might do it anynway im not an expert but its not written anywhere

"Pop-up Ads
    Pop-up ads are a type of interstitial ad that do exactly what they say — pop up and block the main content of the page. They appear after content on the page begins to load and are among the most commonly cited annoyances for visitors to a website. Pop-up ads come in many varieties – they can take up part of the screen, or the entire screen.

Included ad experiences tested: Pop-up Ad with Countdown, Pop-up Ad without Countdown"
    the list
    • Pop-up ads
    • Prestitial ads
    • Mobile pages with more than 30% ad density
    • Flashing animations
    • Poststitial ads that require a countdown to dismiss
    • Fullscreen scrollover ads
    • Large sticky ads
    • Auto-playing videos with sound

cromiu, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  2. domainsforsale2

domainsforsale2 Member

Best Answers:
    Any good news about cpm ? ( still VERY low ?! )

domainsforsale2, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  3. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdBlock has blocked all external scripts on all sites using PopAds adblock code

w4rkr4f7, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  4. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are very poetic and very non-technical about describing what is allowed and what isn't. Guess why... So they can interpret it however they want.
    I wouldn't expect them to consider popunders allowed.

It is a little bit better, but do not expect miracles.

Adblock filters can do it per-website basis and there is nothing we can do about it. It does not do it for all websites, only for ones filter maintainers add manually.
    Automatically, it is not really possible for Adblock to detect our Anti-Adblock code.

tomksoft, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  5. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    @Tom do you have contact to other networks? i mean there are huge networks out there who also have pops as one of their main income models.
    im specially think about the adult networks like exoclick, plugrush, juicyads etc.

cromiu, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  6. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do. Not adult networks, but biggest mainstream ones. Unfortunately, nobody is interested in doing anything. Do not ask me why, I find it massively dumb.
    Whole pop market is hundreds of millions of dollars per year(I mean spendings of all advertisers across all networks). This industry has huge userbase, funds etc., but they are just unwilling to do anything, they seem to think it is not possible to win with Google.

I am not delusional and I know that chances of winning this are rather low. Yet, I am ready to put hundreds of thousands of dollars into the fight, not going to give up.

tomksoft, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  7. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason Google is doing this is because Google is paying a lot of money to "adblockers" who block advertise, adblockers most of them get millions of dollars per year from Google so they don't block their ads, so of course when you are Google you need to find a way to be the boss and none can't do anything to you, till now they focus on making chrome top 1 browser, and now the Chrome is top 1 browser is time to remove this adblockers and add their own addblocker. Less money for them to pay per year and much more leadership on the internet ...

ZoC, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  8. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    @Tom wow thats strange. some years back i would have said "you can't win against google" but today with the internet being around for some time and the behaviour of google is even getting exposed in the mainstream media judges are more open to make judgements against google. i dont know if there was a case that big (except the europe one) but google lost a lot of smaller cases all around the world.

i also didnt saw anything from the ad blocker companies. i mean for 1 network its maybe hard to "fight" google but a coalition of networks, ad blocker & sites could at least have a better standing against google. doesnt
    necessarily mean it must go on the judging level but to find a solution it worths a try

cromiu, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  9. alexandroso

alexandroso Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft i send u PM, can u answer me please

alexandroso, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  10. sexyshare90

sexyshare90 Member

Best Answers:
    Getting warning malware infected on my website.
    Well,, I never upload any files to my website so I can sure this issue because of ads.

sexyshare90, Jun 30, 2017 IP
  11. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

I am sure that if there was a coalition of networks and sites, it would be much easier. I hope that many webmasters will join the battle and that we can make some difference.

Will do soon, sorry for the delay.

It could also be caused by popcash.net or shink.in codes that you have on your website. That is why we ask not to use multiple pop codes on one website, as if problem like this happens, it is hard to find what has caused it.

tomksoft, Jul 1, 2017 IP
  12. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    only tabup is opening in Chrome not even popup

w4rkr4f7, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  13. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I will upgrade the popunder script today, just to be sure. Yet, remember that the ad type that is displayed depends on the setting of our advertiser.

tomksoft, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  14. phillipmorris

phillipmorris Member

Best Answers:
    This is getting annoying the ads are opening another tab and and reloading my pages content in a new tab I don't like this please fix go back to just plan pop-ups that type does not work for my site.

phillipmorris, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  15. b0ng0s

b0ng0s Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, This is probably my first post as i got curious about this google matter blocking ads. Will this affect mobile traffic as well? I get 80% of my traffic from mobile users

Response will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

b0ng0s, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  16. gatot123

gatot123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    always get the code daily is so tiring.
    What if I use the php library?
    Is it the same?

gatot123, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  17. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    sure this will effect the google chrome browser desktop/mobile

@gatot123
    its updating every hour

cromiu, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  18. hardgamers

hardgamers Member

Best Answers:
    i use php code, and as far as i know it will automatically use the latest domains to avoid ad-block that popads have.. i don't need to update it regularly unless popads make a big change in the code ( i usually download the php code again every 1 or 2 month and compare with the one i used , if theres some change then i just upload the new one )

hardgamers, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  19. flizzow

flizzow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is popads website not working right now?

flizzow, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  20. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    should always check twitter first: https://twitter.com/popadstech

"We are experiencing issues with main database cluster. Panel is currently affected. Adserving is partly affected. We are working on it."

cromiu, Jul 5, 2017 IP