1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion I hate to break it to you

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by iamalive, Jun 22, 2017.

I hate to break it to you, but..

There was a time when this forum was flourishing with activity.
    DISCLAIMER: It still is a great forum and always will be, for me.
    I know for a fact why it doesn't right now.

The bst was the core of activity.
    Sellers, were active here because they could make money.
    They made money because their threads were active.

Which was made near impossible with the introduction of the no bump or bump once a week or month rule. Take a look at a major blackhat forum, will not mention the name, it flourishes for this reason.
    Take a look at another wicked affiliate forum, which went dead because of this reason when it changed its system.

I know you may not care and you make tons of money anyway, but it would be good for this forum and get tons of activity back. I AM SURE OF IT. I will help spread the news myself to a lot of sellers, legit ones with good products not the most of the shitty sellers that there are now but the pros. To come back and hawk their goods here and make this a bustling market and forum again.

Just for Gods sake, remove the bump rule. So free bumps as long as legit.
    Simply put written rules and a marketplace mod, which may or may not review a service before it goes live (optional but recommended). Thats all it takes.
    You could keep and I recommend to allow only threads by premium members of course.

You are free to choose, its your forum. I am just a lowly peasant who loves this forum.

iamalive, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm curious why you think the ability to bump or not bump a thread causes a website to "flourish"? If your definition of flourish is to have a zillion duplicate threads being posted over and over, then sure... but not really what we are after.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because a flourishing marketplace attracts unsurmountable activity, which obviously spreads throughout the entire forum.
    Bumping threads allows sellers to have active threads.
    Active threads allow for competition.
    Active threads allow for competitive products.
    An active marketplace secures innovative sellers their interest in that marketplace due to cashflow being available.
    None of this is possible without bst threads being bumped according to that activity and engagement.

Right now all I see is outdated and stale products and more WTB's due to lack of activity on otherwise interesting products.
    Sellers have moved away to other forum marketplaces.
    These sellers will come back if the right environment conducive to sales is back here on DP.

iamalive, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  4. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with OP. If you notice carefully most of the internet marketing forums are reporting less activity. And only bump feature can't be responsible for this.
    I am also a member of this forum since 2011, and haven't noticed much decrease in BST activities (as it seems to be your main concern). Contrary to your beliefs, the bump rule has improved the marketplace in my opinion (I am sure Shawn can show you the statistics). Previously there was more 'junk' BST threads. Because of the 'bump' feature, junk threads are filtered quite effectively.

Also find some time to browse other categories in DP too. Believe me you will find many mindful discussion taking place.

seo_buzz, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  5. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've clearly not been paying attention then. Nearly all popular sellers of years back have vacated the building, because of this issue.
    Again looking at your bst's I doubt you would have any insight in that since your bst's do not have that activity that we are referring to here.

Also, I can't expect you to know since most sellers migrated mostly before 2011

Timeline:
    Here is what actually happened over the years
    DP was free to bump
    Dp became restrictive
    most major migrated to a wicked affiliate forum
    (at some point the new system was introduced on DP
    This wicked admin forum owner started charging stupid rates for opening threads and put a time limit to threads
    Sellers all left and went to this blackhat forum which most were already migrating to in 2012 -2013

Please don't go like oh your account is so new (2013), how could you know?? this must be some unfounded BS bla bla bla
    Let's just say I have been in this game a lot longer than this forum account

Rather than just disagreeing based upon gut feeling perhaps provide reasoning or facts to support this?

I have given an example of a major forum which I will not directly name, but anyone knows who I mean with that blackhat forum.
    This forum is the very proof that the system works.
    The other affiliate forum which I quoted is the very proof that when you change this system, activity disappears.
    Any forum centered around money with a bst at its core rises or falls based on that marketplace. Any single individual on this forum, comes here for one reason only, to gain knowledge or trade to increase their income through online means.
    These are actual live examples, not some baseless conclusion you came to without any facts to support it.

You don't have to like me to see the merit of what I am trying to say.

I have also provided ample reasoning why apart from actual live samples, it is conducive to the forum to have an active bst and that bumps are an integral part of that.

Common, I doubt your on that kind of terms with Shawn that you would know what he can or cannot show. Nor is this of any importance.

I hate to say it, but you dont seem to have a qualified opinion with almost all your sales thread being dead with no activity.
    I am referring to sellers with sales threads spanning dozens if not hundreds and sometimes over a thousand replies.

How are you coming to that conclusion? :)
    How does bumping once a week (premium members) or a month (non-premium) filter out junk threads only? Any legit thread is filtered out the same way, there is no positive discrimination here.

On the other hand, a marketplace mod, optional reviews of threads before launching, a free market that allows competition (as legit bumps occur mostly only to good valid offers, so competition is one of the deciding factors) to decide visibility rather than a stagnant stoic rule and an active community (which ensures no activity towards products that do not deserve it rather than an indiscriminite rule which allows junk threads to be bumped) are much more beneficial towards DP and on their own already provide options for filtering out unsuitable threads.

Carry on.

Would like input from others here and please bring arguments to the table with facts, samples, reasoning rather than only an opinion.
    This is important, and I want DP to become active again. I would also like to note that it is not something the majority who respond here have to agree with. The only thing that matters here is the end result, which does not have to come democratically. This forum has one owner.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    iamalive, Jun 23, 2017 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jun 24, 2017 IP
    PoPSiCLe and iamalive like this.
  7. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of them left the forum because of the admin's attitude after making suggestions. Transfer from vB was the main thing, and the new rules on the new platform. I come here from time to time, once in a few months, when I remember, just to see if my words were right - that this forum will slowly die because good members left after the new forum.

Rules like 5 likes to post a buy/sell thread and simular stuff just made good members (buyers) dissapear.

intro, Jul 3, 2017 IP
    iamalive, Webcenter and costea like this.