1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Better Analytics Install Multiple Tracking Codes?

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by Tina99, Jun 21, 2017.

This is a newbie question. I want to install another tracking code associated with a different user account in Better Analytics. However, I still need access and tracking to the current tracking code that is installed and working via Better Analytics. Can this be done with the BA plugin? If so, how. Thanks.

Tina99, Jun 21, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So just to be clear, you are wanting to have data sent to more than one Google Analytics account/profile, correct? (basically duplicating all traffic to Google Analytics, for each Analytics profile)

digitalpoint, Jun 21, 2017 IP
  3. Tina99

Tina99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The problem I'm trying to solve is this: The GA tracking code associated with our Better Analytics account was created by a user without Admin rights in our Google Analytics account (because we couldn't find the account owner credentials until now). That's ok as there is all this data there.

I now have access to the GA Admin account. The GA Admin account doesn't have a property associated with it. I want to be able to use the GA Admin account; I need to create a tracking code with it and install the code on our website. I was hoping Better Analytics would allow me to add a second tracking code associated with the GA Admin account so that the Admin account can start tracking data from the website. I'm reluctant to delete the tracking code that is currently installed through Better Analytics because I will lose data (until the other tracking code is installed and working for a bit). Not sure if this is the way to solve the problem, but that's why I wanted to know if Better Analytics can install multiple tracking codes.

Sorry for the ridiculously long response.

Tina99, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So basically you are wanting to change Google Analytics account/profiles for the website? If you have access to the existing one, why not just leave it with that one? No matter what, changing the Google Analytics account you are using for a website is going to cause reporting issues, especially if you are comparing with historical data. If you *must* change Google Analytics accounts, you really would be better off making a clean cut on a specific day. That way you can reference the one account for data prior to that day and the new one for anything after the day. Trying to feed double data into 2 accounts for a period of time will essentially make it so there's a weird overlap in both accounts and you really can't rely on the data in either account during that time period.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't heard of better analytics? Is it different from google analytics??

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jun 24, 2017 IP
  7. Tina99

Tina99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Got it. Thank you for your help!

Tina99, Jun 26, 2017 IP