1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did anyone used : dalpay ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by priyakochin, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well,I dont think dalpay is good payment processor but use Paypal,Moneybookers,Alertpay,2Checkout,Plimus and Liberty Reserve.These are better than dalpay :)

Card, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  2. dalpay_jon

dalpay_jon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a billing issue with one of our suppliers, you can either contact us US toll free on our order inquiry hotline: 1-877 865 7746, or open a support ticket: https://www.dalpay.com/billing_info.html

Naturally if a service has not been provided by one of DalPay Retail's suppliers you will be entitled to receive a refund under our general refund policy.

Now to address Mr Denize's specific case:
    As I confirmed to Mr Denize when he contacted us, he checked out via DalPay Checkout, and the cost (USD 14.99) and what is was for (unlock code for the phone - in his case an HTC Pure smartphone) were clearly indicated and he had to click the box to accept our terms and conditions, and then a button to get the charge authorized.

The supplier, code-unlocker.com, state that "Unlock codes start from as low as $1.79!" but it depends on the specific phone model, and of course, as those that have tried to unlock their phone at a store, or online, can tell you, not all can be unlocked for such a low price.

A full refund was processed on the 19th August, one day after our supplier said it would be issued (which is well within the 3-5 business days that was promised).

Mr Denize got his money back in full (USD 14.99). The money charged by us at DalPay.

dalpay_jon, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  3. dalpay_jon

dalpay_jon Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding the separate USD 0.45 line item charge, as our DalPay Retail Purchase Terms explained at checkout:

Your bank (or other financial institution that issues your card) may decide to charge you a Foreign Merchant Fee if you buy from any merchant outside your country (or even at times when buying from a merchant outside your home/billing state).

Yes, it's outrageous.

And it's not charged by the merchant, or the merchant's acquiring bank.

It's charged by your bank!

(Incredibly despite there being no currency conversion involved, with the charge made directly in US dollars, your bank charges you this fee! And that includes merchants in Canada who charge in US dollars.)

In 2009 US consumer advocate Christopher Elliott warned that "The foreign transaction fee nightmare continues — and you could be next":
    http://www.elliott.org/blog/the-foreign-transaction-fee-nightmare-continues-and-you-could-be-next/
    …And now two years later sadly the madness has come to pass…

The good news is that if you contact customer service at your bank, and persist, they will refund this charge they took from you.

How to get rid of a foreign transaction fee on your bill:
    http://www.elliott.org/blog/how-to-get-rid-of-a-foreign-transaction-fee-on-your-bill/

dalpay_jon, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  4. Peter Blackmore

Peter Blackmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Scam Scam Scam !!! I used Dalpay to pay for a phone to get unlocked, they promised exactly the same service as paypal, in that if i as not happy with the service i could get a refund within 7 days. Its been 4 months and 15 emails and all they say is 'we will contact the service provider, thanks for your mail' I have informed http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ the arm of the UK Police that deals with internet scams and crime. They are unindated with issues from Dalpay !!

Peter Blackmore, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  5. marcof

marcof Peon

Best Answers:
    It's so rich that Bjorn Snorrason from DalPay was here explaining what a scam is...

Let me tell you about Bjorn Snorrason and his companies.

Bjorn owns / manages 3 companies - CCNow, DalPay and Snorrason Holdings. CCNow is managed along with Matt Lind.

Our company has been working with CCNow since 2013. Until 2016 the cooperation was more or less OK, but then they started having problems with paying its merchants on time. Right now they owe us 2 payments for $12k and they are not responding to our emails. It is impossible to reach CCNow by phone, as it goes to voice mail. The only phone number that someone answers is at DalPay (+354 466 1940). The lady who answers it always promises to pass our messages to CCNow, but so far it has not brought us anywhere...

And when you search on Google for 'ccnow' you can see a lot of people complaining of not being paid...

Bjorn Snorrason's business activities look like a ponzi scheme. If you are thinking about working with him or his companies I would advise to stay out of it. CCNow, DalPay, Snorrason Holdings, Bjorn Snorrason and Matt Lind cannot be trusted.

marcof, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  6. Sherlyn Shah

Sherlyn Shah Member

Best Answers:
    I am only familiar with PayPal and Paynoeer

Sherlyn Shah, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  7. DarrenM-UK

DarrenM-UK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is interesting, I was looking into CCNow, I also emailed them and nothing. So the person who posted, might be telling the truth. Hopefully someone from the company can post a reply addressing the concern.

@marcof did you get paid?

DarrenM-UK, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  8. marcof

marcof Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. They paid us in full and since then their service has improved a bit. I would say that you can cautiously proceed with them.

marcof, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  9. DarrenM-UK

DarrenM-UK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just sent you a PM if you wouldn't mind helping me

DarrenM-UK, Jun 22, 2017 IP