1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with selling a website

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hazeman, Jun 20, 2017.

Greetings.
    I hope this is the best place to post and ask for information regarding selling a website.

I don't wish to break any rules so if anyone could assist I would be very grateful. Last year I started a Cannabis/Marijuana discussion forum based on Xenforo software. The forum which is an invitation/sponsorship only membership has grown astronomically during the past 15 months. In just over a year we have become the Cannabis discussion forum of choice and people from many other Cannabis forums are desperate to join us as they are so fed up with heavy handed moderators and owners censorship. We have a policy of freedom of speech that is unrivalled, providing a few simple rules are followed. With this model of membership we don't have any drama or bad posts/threads on forum, people know and respect each other.

There is a seed shop attached to the forum (It's perfectly legal to sell cannabis seeds) and we send seed to countries where it is permissible. 2016 - 2017 saw over 2 million hits to the website despite not being indexed in Google, you may ask why we choose no Google index and that 's because we believe in complete anonymity and privacy for our members. Who needs Google when we are so popular without? Our server is located in the Netherlands.

I wish to sell the website, domain name and everything connected to the operation of the website. My health is failing and I wish to pursue a retired lifestyle, (i'm 64 Y.O.).
    I tried to advertise in your Sites for sale forum but it keeps asking for my PayPal account before I can advertise the sale.
    Why is that so? I don't wish to sell this website using PayPal. PP doesn't have good reputation and has extortionate fees. Is there some other ways to sell my website without going through PP?

Any help or advice with this sale would be appreciated and I sincerely apologise if I have broken any rules on DP forum

hazeman, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  2. Svoboda

Svoboda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the law of the land here. If you don't wish to comply with those requirements, there are several other website sales sites like Flippa, for example. However, most of them will have some sort of rules (possibly similar) to Digital Points. Good luck on your sale.

Svoboda, Jun 20, 2017 IP