1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Ken64, May 31, 2017.

?

Which method do you prefer?

1. HTML

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wordpress

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    Clearly never written a single line of code...

Rokis, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As others have implied, Wordpress -- or any CMS that makes a website for that matter -- in order to actually, well... output a bloody website -- OUTPUTS HTML. That's what it DOES.

Your question is like asking which is better? An engine or a car? Bread or a sandwich? Elbow pasta or Mac & Cheese?

Though to be brutally frank, the insecure, bloated, idiotic, dumbass, halfwit, ineptly crapped together TRAIN WRECK of how NOT to build a website that is turdpress? I can't say I recommend it for anything more complex than a blog for grandma. If the site is for a business, ANYONE suggesting that turdpress be used doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, accessibility, or security to be telling you how to develop a damned thing!

To that end, anyone saying "Wordpress is Best" needs a quadruple helping of Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform. It is a giant scam that allows inept fools who have ZERO business making websites dupe nubes and rubes who don't know any better into forking out for buggy, broken, inaccessible disasters.

Web development on the whole is dumber for it even existing, which is why the vast majority of sites sleazed together with turdpress are nothing more than a giant middle finger to large swaths of users. That gets doubled when idiocy like bootcrap or jQueery gets mixed into it, and even more so if some PSD jockey under the DELUSION they are a designer gets involved. See 99.99999% of the CRAP at the various template whorehouses such as ThemeForest or TemplateMonster for proof of that!

deathshadow, Jun 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and malky66 like this.
  3. Gihan

Gihan Member

Best Answers:
    First of all HTML is a language and Wordpress is a framework.
    even Wordpress created using HTML and many more languages.

Gihan, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  4. chandlerbing

chandlerbing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now that we know the pros and cons of both WordPress and HTML websites. Let’s talk about which one is better for your business website.

If you are certain that you will never want to update, change, or add anything new to your website, then by all means go for a HTML website. It will be faster and will serve your purpose.

If you want to have the freedom and control of your website and not waste money on monthly retainers paying developers to add images, then WordPress is obviously the better choice.

For those who want grow their business website to make you more money, then WordPress is the way to go forward.

Using WordPress you can add content to your website without hiring anyone. You can create as many pages as you need at any time.

You can add a blog section to keep your customers updated, or even build your own email list and keep bringing more customers to your business.

You will be part of a global community of businesses using WordPress to manage their online presence. You will find plenty of free help, resources,tools and plugins to grow your business every day.

Instead of paying developers loads of money for smallest things, you will be able to spend that money on growing your business with WordPress.

chandlerbing, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  5. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    Is that right? Then you must explain to me why the market section of programming is full of people who are looking for WP programmers if I could call them that way to fix the broken themes.

All I see about WP is that people are posting with like "Guys, people help, I updated WP theme and all my shit just dissapeared".

Just like people said before, you can use WP to store photos for your Grandmother and I wouldn't do that because I love her.

Rokis, Jun 19, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and deathshadow like this.
  6. hostproton

hostproton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress!

hostproton, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Duh.

NO PAGE WILL EVER WORK WITHOUT HTML, so there is NO way to NOT choose HTML and maybe (if you hate your grandmother) ALSO choose TURDPRESS. Either way HTML MUST be chosen. IF you hate your grandmother you will ALSO want to choose TURDPRESS.

mmerlinn, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! Thanks for your valuable input with this well thought out post, you're an asset to the forum.</sarcasm>

malky66, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the website you're trying to build. On the other hand, wordpress will be the most convenient platform you can use. When it comes to plugins, themes, functions it will all be already available for you. Less worry.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  10. Ultimative Tech

Ultimative Tech Member

Best Answers:
    From my point of view You should have to develop your website in wordpress. Because their are many reasons for example you can use many plugins like for slider, analytics, seo and many other plugins. And other thing you don't need to write lines of code.
    Thanks

Ultimative Tech, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  11. caygri

caygri Active Member

Best Answers:
    dependence by project

caygri, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  12. Nooha Haris

Nooha Haris Banned

Best Answers:
    WordPress without any doubt because it has all in-built plugins and easier to build a site rather than html.Html requires manual coding which takes a lot of time.

Nooha Haris, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  13. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    HTML is a markup language used for outputting web pages/documents.
    WordPress is a content management system written in PHP (a scripting language), even WordPress has HTML on its system.

5ervant, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  14. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lack of knowledge I say, if you take 2 weeks to design a login page in HTML then you should learn and practice it first.

Hi, what you want to say? You never heard about the static website.

Hi Ken64,
    It is up to you if you have good knowledge of coding and designing then go with HTML or PHP otherwise Wordpress is the best option.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  15. tayyabvohra

tayyabvohra Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on which you have command HTML or Wordpress. If you are noob then you will prefer wordpress because in wordpress there are bultin templates you just have to change the themes and many other predefined solutions for your problems.

Second thing If you have knowledge of HTML you would always recommend to use HTML with other programming languages.

The other factor is your needs well its totally depend on your need which one of you should use if you knowledge over both things wordpress and html

tayyabvohra, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  16. alfieindesigns

alfieindesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Ken64 I think your just confuse, but to answer your question, following are my thoughts/suggestion in a simple way

1. WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it's probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. (based on google search)
    - so on WordPress you already have content management system (CMS), there you can edit the content of your website
    - it also has a bunch of plugins for seo, optimization, etc. (and most of them are FREE)
    2. Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications. With Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and JavaScript it forms a triad of cornerstone technologies for the World Wide Web. (based on google search)
    - for me this option will be more of the developers or them that knows how to code from scratch
    - if you choose HTML, everything will be from scracth ( SEO, CMS, etc )

I hope this help.
    Thanks and God bless always!

alfieindesigns, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  17. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OP would benefit from learning HTML, CSS and Javascript. No doubt on that part. Then he will have more control over his site, as he is doing the coding manually. If he is on a tight time schedule, nothing should stop him from using Wordpress however. This platform has many themes and plugins which make it easy to use.

MrKing01, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  18. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are a “standard” user and not a coder the most important thing is to get your website up and running A.S.A.P. So Wordpress is an excellent option and easy to use and maintain.

Many are always talking about how slow wordpress is… Well, this “issue” you will have with any CMS that have a database. Also it depends on WHAT is on your site! Large images, ads, what theme you use, what kind of hosting server and more. There are many easy ways to speed up WP so I cannot say my pages are slow. And anyways, who cares if a page needs 0.5 sec. to load or 1.5? If you have good content people are willing to wait even 2 sec… (Look at ebay, loading forever!)

Wordpress IS NOT SECURE! Really? I don’t care, that’s why I keep backups. And to be truth, what is 100% secure? Your server can also get hacked!

If I have to do a little static page for a client then I go with html/php but for the rest I go with wordpress.

I recommend not using the free themes because often you waste a lot of time to get the look you want. Better spend some time looking for a premium theme that has what you want. Another point is with a premium theme you normally need less plugins and as less plugins you have as less problems you will run into...

DanielBlue, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  19. Mak Elthon

Mak Elthon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress easy to use easy to handle no other choice

Mak Elthon, Aug 4, 2017 IP
  20. configbench

configbench Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Nooha,
    I totally agree with you. There are many inbuilt plugins and themes as well. One just needs to consult any WordPress web developer if he needs any major customization. Otherwise, we can easily build a simple site with doing any coding.

configbench, Aug 7, 2017 IP