1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for help or joint deal or staff to start site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gatwickjames, May 17, 2017.

so guys, i won a small battle over a trade mark with facebook. My domain name was brought in 2007 and used in 2008 in the uk, a few years before facebook was trademarked in the uk.They are trying to claim they own the rights to any trademark with "face" in it.

If you go to http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78980756&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch you will see they tried for years and pulled out/ DEAD/APPLICATION/Refused/Dismissed or Invalidated and had 3 years to do anything that ended in 2017

My domain face-flirt.com and name face-flirt is now tradedmarked
    :)

Site is semi live, with wordpress and want to turn into a dating site.

I`m looking for people who can help to set it up ( very limited knowledge on wordpress ) or someone who sees this could be a good earner and go in with me.

ideas?

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    gatwickjames, May 17, 2017 IP
  2. gatwickjames

gatwickjames Active Member

Best Answers:
    anyone? 400 views and ideas or help would be great

gatwickjames, May 29, 2017 IP
  3. gatwickjames

Best Answers:
    guess not

gatwickjames, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  4. GameO.Over

GameO.Over Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell us more about the site? how do you expect it to work? what sort of functionality? I'm always happy to chip in on dev work on potentially great business plans but would need more info to assess the viability of the product.

GameO.Over, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  5. jvinternet

jvinternet Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks VERY basic. You just need to search for the term dating to compare some of your competitors designs. Do you have a plan or an idea of the type of dating site you are looking to develop?

jvinternet, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  6. gatwickjames

Best Answers:
    YES, the site is very basic, as I brought the WordPress sweet date skin just have it up there to get page views while Facebook were trying to stop me using the name and trademark in January 2017. My ipo lawyer said if it has some sort of site up, they may have made an offer to buy it. It has been proven my site and name sub seeded Facebook by a year in the uk. Also they claim to own the rights to the word "face”, that is on their site as a brand. BUT they don’t.

https://trademarks.justia.com/789/80/face-78980756.html they tried for years and gave up. But as my ipo lawyer said, "they will just run you out of money" to fight it.

I`m sure you can relate that face-flirt is a great name. There was an idea behind in 2007 on how the site would work. But at that time coding was hard and costly. Now 10 years ahead, there is a few dating sites still out there and some have sold for big money.

POF after 17 years (13 years chased by match) sold for $512 million. Facebook, hated that 2 well known sites from the 90`s were ahead of them in google, so brought face-pic.com and the rights to a known site face party.

The site I would like to build is based around first contact. NOT some silly opener lines, but a simple photo of eyes (eye flirt). (looking to see if can be done) the site was always based about body language as that’s how flirting is done. Eyes, smiles and touching.SO, the plan is to somehow make it that the first contact is to send a pic and if each other likes the look, then messages can be sent.

Free memberships like POF but limited on features.
    3 kinds of monthly subs
    Day or week subs
    Detailed profiles and questions ( can be used for matches)
    open up to all sexes, many sites just have male, female and couples. I want to open up to trans, TS and others

At some point move into a app for phones. But on my research, a lot of so called site and apps came across as scams. Advandate is one, that I found the so-called reviews on their site by scanning Facebook and asking how the service was to no reply. The so-called CEO was online at 9am USA time (3/4pm mine) and gave all the talk and even tried to con me into getting script for free if I go to pay by PayPal and don’t checkout and he would send me it. When I called PayPal, they told me the person could have opened a case and would have won the money anyway. Strange as well, the so called 5 members of the team, when you Facebook or google ect ONLY come up on that site (made up names??)

I posted this on freelancer as a on going project and 20-25% of all sales would go to the coder. But as you can guess a lot of people gave the talk and could not deliver.

I did my research thats its $99 for a apple dev account to post apps and that they take 30% of all sales for the first year.
    Also google for android ask for a fee of $25

gatwickjames, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  7. gatwickjames

Best Answers:
    did that help on a reason why basic?

gatwickjames, Jun 13, 2017 IP